PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
2012 Rock of Cashel Canadian (264). Really happy with this pipe, have not smoked it as of yet, but it all appears to be as it should. The only disappointment is that the P on the stem is missing some of the white, Smokingpipes didn't show this on the site, I kinda wish they would have. Should I make any fuss about it?
FBB73161-DD7C-4537-8601-26F7DDB5DA28_zpsitxuxarx.jpg

637CF5CB-F6A3-4DD8-B8FE-C4C7BCC3404D_zpsif2sbcim.jpg

3E768A92-DE6A-4FC6-8E87-519FA354460F_zpsemikyy3m.jpg

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
Handsome pipe! SmokingPipes usually does an excellent job at describing flaws and defects on the estate pipes that they sell. It appears this one slipped through the cracks. As they do have a very good reputation, I would not hesitate to bring it to their attention, if nothing more than for quality control for their business. If I were the sales manager, and I or my staff had missed something, I would want to know! Congrats, hope it smokes like a chimney! :puffpipe:

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
The damn "P's" usually come off anyway! So no fuss...Throw some white model paint on it, then wipe..only the "P" will remain....Super nice pipe BTW.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Great advice, I just sent an email. All in all I really am happy, also got a 4oz bag of haunted bookshops with it, we shall see how this one smokes very soon!

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Breaking it in now with some Haunted Bookshop. This pipe is going to be in the normal rotation for sure. Great draw and love the button.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
HB is awesome. How much carbon was in the Peterson when you got it? By Carbon, I mean that crazy layer of sut that they put in the bowl, or was It naked? I've been eye balling the Peterson's but hear bad things about them.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Perdurabo, there was minimal carbon in the bowl, it was an estate, but the folks at Smoking pipes did a good job cleaning it up. I could tell that it had a life of English blends but didn't taste that in the initial smoke. I say go for it if one strikes your fancy, that's what I did with this one. I will say that I don't think I'd buy a system Pete as the whole thought just doesn't appeal to me. I'm glad I got this one though. It will be a workhorse I'm sure.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Great looking pipe ... right up my alley! :clap:
I've been eye balling the Peterson's but hear bad things about them.
I only have two, so far, but they are both great smokers ... XL15 Bulldog and a Mark Twain from '86.

Jan 8, 2013
I would let them know, just so they will know. Otherwise, I wouldn't fuss over it. That is a very fine looking pipe. And I'm not a fan of blasted or rusticated straight pipes. But that! Wow I'd love to have that one myself. Enjoy the heck out of it!

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
Lovely pipe! Enjoy it and don't worry too much about small details. The pipe will become a smoked estate one anyway :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
OMFG?!?!! The P is missing some white?! You must be positively devastated! Obviously this pipe isn't up to your standards so please, send it my way and I'll add it to my collection of wayward pipes :)

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
perdurabo - I too heard bad things about the newer Petersons, but a month ago I pulled the trigger on an Irish Harp I fell in love with a my local Tinder Box. Great pipe! It smokes as well as any of my artisan pipes and tasted great during the break-in! Fear not!

texmexpipe - That is a very sharp pipe! Enjoy!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Terrible looking pipe, you've been swindled. But not to worry, send it to me and I'll see to it that it's put to good use . And out of charity I'll even kick in the postage.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
I have the same P on my Kapp Royal pipe. It's some sort of awkward embroider type thing and I'm not particularly wild about it. Inlays are nicer but saving 5¢ over thousands of pipes is perhaps in their best interests. That being said, I love both of my Peterson pipes and I reach for them all the time.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Lovely pipe. I would ask for a 10% credit on your next order. They will work with you if you bring this to their attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.