Tags:  No tags yet. 

My First "Perfect Smoke"

(21 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by smokedragon
  • Latest reply from trailspike48
  1. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

I am a relatively new pipe smoker, and today I had my first "perfect" smoking session. I was on my way to Home Depot to pick up some materials for a pipe rack I'm building. I was listening to some Irish instrumental music with my window rolled down. I was smoking my Rocky Donegal #69 with some Boswell's No Bite Delight. It was perfect. I only had to light it once, the smoke was thick, the flavors were full, and I reached what could only be described as pipe zen. I smoked the bowl all the way to the bottom with no maintenance. For new smokers, I know that keeping the pipe going can be a challenge until you really develop your ability. It was like the planets aligned perfectly. Wonderful experience.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pflan

Login to Send PM

Great to hear! I had my first experience similar to that a while back myself! Congrats!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love hearing stories like this! With patience it will come. Often when you least expect it. Gratz Dragon!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. irish2fish

irish2fish

Login to Send PM

Awesome!! I am glad to hear that the planets aligned for you, and you had a wonderful smoke.

God loves the Infantry!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Commendations and salutations, smokedragon. I'm sure it's a moment you'll always remember well

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you enjoyed your smoke.

As for me I don't concern myself with how many times I have to relight my pipe during a smoke. As long as I'm enjoying the tobacco and the relaxation of the pipe then that's all that matters to me. Of course the smoke is always more pleasant when less lighting is involved, but I don't worry about it though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

@metalheadycigar I totally agree with your sentiment. Part of what relaxes me about smoking a pipe is that the maintenance involved while smoking (tamping, relighting, removing ash if needed) are menial enough that they aren't making it feel annoying, but are involved enough to keep the cogs just barely moving. I think the enjoyment from this particular moment really came from the fact that the only thing my brain was focused on was the smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thats awesome. Still waiting for mine but been close a few times.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zachchandler92

Login to Send PM

Relaxing music, a comfortable chair, a cool smoking pipe, and a quality tobacco make for the perfect evening.

My first perfect smoke was when I first moved into my apartment. After getting everything unpacked, I sat in my recliner, put on some Django, and lit up an Irish Flake in my Peterson Dublin.

That "perfect smoke" moment is the reason people have been smoking pipes for hundreds of years. I imagine the first of the European explorers sitting down in a circle of Indians, getting the calumet passed to him, taking a sip, and going "Damn...". lol

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

Great to hear it went well!!!

Jason

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love it when that happens!

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Its really neat whenever that happens. Its a great feeling to know you packed the bowl just right.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those smokes are the things this obsession is made of.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The amazing thing about pipe smoking, to me anyway, is how difficult it is. I think many who attempt it with high hopes give up, with nothing but tongue burn and frustration to show for it. But one day, for the persistent, it just all comes together. And that, my friend, is a good day.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I finally made the perfect cup of tea and paired it with BBBB in a Peterson XL15 Kinsale. The weather was cold but sun finally shone for the first time in weeks. It all came together at that moment. Been chasing that feeling ever since. Tea hasn't been great either. Oh well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

@Sothron, the fact pipe smoking has a level of difficulty is one of the aspects that draws me to it. If it were effortless, one could never experience the thrill of victory when it all comes together.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

ahh the joys of the "perfect smoke".

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  18. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well stated, profpar!

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

Lately I have been suffering from gurgle.... Maybe I am just being a fiend. Bottom line is if I enjoy the smoke I really could care less about the gurgle.

I hope you have more perfect smokes than I:) Don't fret too much over relights or the occasional problem because they won't all be perfect.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

@profpar I agree with that sentiment. I also love the maintenance involved with pipe ownership. Cleanings and the like make it into a hobby.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. trailspike48

trailspike48

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recently picked my truck from a garage that repaired my truck. The repairs cost more than the truck is worth. On my return trip home the truck broke down and had to be towed. After I got home I lite a bowl after charring the tobacco and smoked it to the bottom on one match. I hope to remember my first one match smoke long after I forget about my truck problems.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tennsmoker, pitchfork, xrundog, mrjerke, prndl, warren, mikestanley, jpberg, frank13, daimyo, teufelhund, fishfly, tobyducote, coalsmoke, tanless1, tuold, graydawn, bulldogbriar89, saint007, fishnbanjo, ravkesef