PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You can't go wrong with a Nording. Erik Nording is the Picaso of freehand pipes. The quality in them is amazing. I bought a Signature Freehand partially rusticated a few months back and it's the best smoker I have. It never gurgles, smokes nice and cool (and I smoke only aromatic blends so that says something), and it has the best draw out of all my pipes. Another bonus for it is that it's the only bent pipe I don't have to remove the stem to clean the shank. Nothing left to do but enjoy that pipe when it arrives. Congratulations good sir.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Very nice Nording, Congrats and Enjoy!! :clap: I have several Nordings, bet this won't be your last..

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Bruce:
I've got a lot of great burners but my one Nording crosses the line and is "wonderful."
Cheers to your, brother.
Fnord

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Made by the only pipe maker I know who has his own bobble head. He has been making pipes a long time.
Just pulled this from the internet, I didn't realize he had such a large business:

Erik Nørding was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Originally educated in engineering.
Pipe carving began as a hobby, but as time went by, he became more interested in pipe making as a profession.
During the last 40 years Erik Nørding has built his own business, which today produces approximately 50.000 pipes a year, 90% of which are for the export market.

That's a lot of pipes per year.

russp

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
Bruce:
Check out my first Nording, circa 1970.
Old Nording Grade A Freehand chamber crack before repairs
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/russp/album/picture/5092
After Repairs:
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/5413/untitled-3-600x450.jpg
Pic 2 New briar new burl veneer
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/5413/untitled-1-600x324.jpg
New briar in places and burl veneer, Cherry chamber tapered from 7/8" to 5/8" at the bottom. Side walls are about 1/4". Plateau shaved off. Original ferrule is under the veneer. Used JB Weld. Handles 600 degrees. No glue anywhere near tobacco. No thin briar anywhere. Pipe is the original full size freejand type, about 5" in length. Might go for another 50 years!
Check my album if the pics don't load.

russp

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
Nording is a great pipe. Mr. Nording still answers his email and he's a good guy too! I know you'll love that pipe!

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Good looking pipe friend. Always glad to see see someone buy a nording. Great man making great pipes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.