PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I figured it was about time. There was a sale at Smokingpipes.com and I got a bonus from my employer. So, taking advantage of the lucky convergence I bought myself a Peterson Irish Harp (999). Why that one? I don't have the shape represented in my collection yet, and there are many here who seem to enjoy the classic Rhodesian shape. The price was right, too. I'm very much looking forward to getting to experience this pipe soon!
petersonirishharp_zps91496341.jpg

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I love that shape and that series - congrats on the beautiful pipe!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have that shape in a Killarney and really like its compactness combined with sufficient

capacity, balance, and finish. I especially like it for Virginias.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have two Harps and love them both. The finish on that line is just beautiful. That combined with the classic shape of the 999 should make for a real winner. Enjoy it!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Thanks, all!
I showed my purchase to my wife and she was shocked at the price. I explained that this was not really a high end pipe but a very economical and sensible one. I think she is just used to seeing my ebay estate pipe charges on the checking account statement for ten bucks or so. Maybe she sees this hundred dollar pipe as an omen of things to come. Maybe she's right!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Watch out !!!! Up until last year I owned 1 pipe - now have over 20. I own 2 Peterson 999's - a Rosslare and a Kildare. Both are great pipes. Enjoy in good health!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
After abstaining from purchasing a pipe for 32 years I think the Peterson falls into the "you deserve it" catagory. The 999 series is a classy one and I'm sure you'll get at least another 30 years out of it. Congrats!

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Gorgeous 999!

If you don't mind me asking, what other pipes do you have in your

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
mattia76,
If you don't mind me asking, what other pipes do you have in your collection?
I'm coming up a hundred pipes most of which have been estate purchases on ebay. I've got Mastersons, Dr Grabows, several varieties of LHS pipes, Wellingtons, Mastercraft, Medico, Kaywoodies, Yello-Boles, Willards, and a lot more I can't think of at the moment! Two of the four pipes I've bought new 30 years ago were Tinder Box pipes. The others were a Brebbia and a GBD. My first pipe was Tinder Box Verona i bought right out of high school that is still going strong today.

Status
Not open for further replies.