My First Mr. Brog Pipe. Let's See Yours. (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My son-in-law is a big fan of Mr. Brog pipes. I received this beauty for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. It's a limited edition Mr. Brog Wincent Van Gogh (yes, Wincent) made of cherry wood. Each pipe is skillfully hand-painted and is a unique piece of art. No two are alike.
It sits in my pipe rack on my desk and the more I look at it, the more I like it. Sometimes, I can't look away. :puffy:
Got a Mr. Brog...let's see it.
20190319_215112-edited-600x346.jpg

image-edited-600x324.jpg

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I dont own one per say but I do have a pipe I carved from a Mr.Brog kit. I must say the one you own is quite the looker, probably the the nicest Mr. Brog I have seen thus far.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got this poker from Mr Brog. It's not bad, but gets a little hot at the narrower part of the bowl. I have to use a 9mm filter with it to get a proper draft.
m1Bazq7.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Thanks Neal. So do I. When I opened the box I wasn't sure how I felt about it. It certainly is unique. The more I look at it the more I like it.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Bought a blonde, Pear-wood "horn" last year. It smokes great, and use it, often. Nice little pipe for a very reasonable price...very comfortable in hand and clenched....which I rarely do.
No regrets, no buyer's remorse.....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not sure how I feel about those colors on a tobacco pipe, but I certainly see that Mr. Brog has achieved correct coloration to resemble the paintings, which is a nifty achievement, a real tribute and homage. For that, I think this is most cool. Mr. Brog works in a variety of woods including briar, so when buying, I'd be sure which you are buying, so you get what you mean to buy.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
I really like the look of their pipes but I'm not sure about the quality. I know, the name and price doesn't really matter, my best pipes are not the most expensive ones. But Mr.Bróg is not among the most popular brands in the world and I don't know anybody who owns one. Is it worth to invest in a Bróg briar or is it better just to try a pear wood pipe from them? I had a pear wood pipe ages ago and I smoked it a lot but I can't really remember how was it compared to briar. Back then I didn't have money for good pipes or good tobacco, but I enjoyed it as far as I remember. Also, I think it heated through much faster than briar, but maybe the problem was with my technique - I was a hasty teenager at that time.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I really like the look of their pipes but I'm not sure about the quality.
If anyone ever asked me what pipe to buy in that price range I'd say buy a Stanwell when they are on sale. I have several and they have never failed me. I can't say that for Mr Brog pipes. I bought a Mr Brog mandolin shaped straight pipe that is too heavy to clench and uncomfortable to hold. It does function quite nicely as a paperweight so it's not a total loss.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
@tuold - I have to agree with you about the Stanwells. I bought a few of the $19.99 brushed black specials a few weeks ago. Nice smokers.
I never had an interest in Mr Brog. Mine was a gift. Will I ever buy one? Probably not but, I like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.