PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
017.jpg

0182.jpg

Enjoy that pristine white bowl, Cause it won't be for long!
0192-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

One day I was sitting at my desk looking over the Storient Meerschaums at smokingpipes. This one in particular caught my eye. I grabbed my calipers and drew a quick sketch to scale and thought Whoa! that's a big pipe. A few days later I'm holding it in my hands. Although I didn't order this pipe directly from Storient I've enjoyend his input here in the forums and I thought it a good opportunity to support two fine businesses at the same time. Thanks Storient and smokingpipes!
Bowl: 2.00" X 2.00" that's 50mm huge!

Chamber: generous 15/16" diameter X 1 1/4" deep

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I thought about getting one of the classics like this myself. Yavuz is a super guy to work with. Hope you enjoy. That pipe looks lonely though. I think it needs some Autumn Evenings in it. :mrgreen:

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
That is huge; I love it. Post a few pics in a couple months so we can see how the patina is coming.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Congrats on your first meer Mike...great choice! I believe that is the same as the #11 Storient posted recently...I have one on order. I don't think I knew SPC had his meers now...hard to keep up with all the info here. Enjoy! :puffy:

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
That is a beauty of a pipe. One of these days I'll put my hands on a meer. I'm with grizzly86, I want to see some pics in a couple months.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Thats a great looking pipe. The lines and edges are so well done.

How is the airway?

Every Meer I have had so far has had such a restricted airway that I have either resold them or modified the stem.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks guys! I smoked it for the first time last night and was amazed at how cool the pipe stayed and how dry the smoke was. Very impressive. I will definately revisit this pipe with new pics and writing once I've had a chance to get to know it better. :puffy:
-Spyder: The draw is more open than my Peterson Systems and about the same as a Stanwell Dublin or the two bulldogs in my collection. I have come to prefer a more open draw as I've developed as a smoker so I'm pleased with the engineering of this pipe. I would consider the airway average.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Looking at that 2nd picture, I can see why Fred Bass (or others) refer to the meer as the White Goddess.

Every Meer I have had so far has had such a restricted airway

I had the same experience, and reaming the stem to a larger diameter makes a world of difference.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Lovely pipe no doubt!

I too have been considering a meer lately and this isn't helping in the least bit! 8O

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Awesome...I like it a lot. I have one meer I got as an estate pipe but I don't like it, only because it is a carved head and I don't really like those. As big as your pipe is, is it still light as a feather like most meers? I'm asking because I may want to get one of these myself.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
OK OK I'm easily pushed to PAD.
I just ordered a new meer as well. Now I wait for mailman to came.
meer-bent-egg.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yavuz, I love it! You posted a picture a while back of the #11 and that shape is what made up my mind.
Barkar, I'm with you. I love to see the artistry and skill of the carver displayed with the figurals but I just can't see myself smoking one. That's the cool thing about meerschaum -it can be carved into any shape imaginable or a traditional look for those of us who prefer that. Besides I plan on smoking mine so I didn't want it too fancy.
:clap: Nice choice Barkar!

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Agreed and I'm normally not a clencher but my mind set is to use this pipe while walking my German Shepard so my hands are free and this looks like a hands free if I ever saw one.
I hope mine comes with a case like you have, very good protection.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Sorry, forgot to answer your other question Barkar. I just weighed the pipe and it is approximately 70 grams or 2 1/2 ounces. So I wouldn't call it a featherweight but probably much lighter than a comparably sized briar.
Yes your Storient meer will come with a fitted case.

Status
Not open for further replies.