PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
When I started smoking a pipe, I bought a "The Dr is in" pipe kit. Came with a Grabow lark pipe, and some random tobacco.
Well the pipe was my favorite, and wss the pipe taught me how to smoke. It even went through the wash. Even though the finish came off, it still smoked great.
Well since then I have lost it. Always thought about it, until I found a place that I could buy another one, a long with a new toy, for the cheapest price. It really brings me back.
20170306_154315.jpg

20170306_154422.jpg

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Just another example that you don't need to spend hundreds to enjoy the pipe.
Sometimes, I think that can get lost in all this internet stuff.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes Jefff, the more I smoke the more I realize that. Going back to what I know I enjoy. Trying not to over complicate things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those folks in Sparta, North Carolina, love making those pipes. I love my Royaltons, a bulldog and an apple (that looks for all the world like a prince to me). I feel sure the guys and gals on the line in Sparta love a bowl or two after work. It shows in their product. I think it may be the last great briar pipe factory in the U.S. The shaping on the Royalton bulldog is absolutely artisanal. That's a mighty pretty Dr. G Lark, didi'. Irrelevant but a bit of trivia; the long-defunct carmaker Studebaker made a handsome little sedan called a Lark in the early '60's, I believe. didi', just don't run this pipe through the wash.
I'm hoping the seniority of the business will give Dr. Grabow insulation from the regulatory silliness we're facing. Most of their line of products pre-dates 2007, or 1957 for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.