PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I have always shied away from Latakia because of the strong "smokey/woodsy" smell to it but gave in today when my girlfriend offered to get me some tobacco. So I went to local B&M with two blends in mind after some research:
English Oriental

This classic blend brings together the finest mellow Georgian Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys, and Cyprus Latakia.
OR
Olde English

A blend developed from Georgian Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia.
Seem exactly alike right?!?! The first smells a tad bit more like all the other tobaccos and the olde English u really are hit with the smell of Latakia. I picked the Olde English blend.
Ok so off topic for a second.... While I was smelling the two wondering what one i should choose the lady sais " you shouldn't be smoking this stuff!! Your too young! It's for old people! LMFAO!!
So I am smoking my first bowl now and WOW!! That Latakia really has some flavor!!!! I can't give a review on it just yet but I am surprised I am enjoying it as much as I am!! WOW!! Who knows, maybe I will give ths blend a shot next time I go in now....
Proper English

This distinctive English/Balkan blend has the most Latakia of any blend we have combined with old belt Virginias and Orientals.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
My first lat was old Dublin as well. Been hooked since then. Im totally addicted to the Frog Mortons myself. You should give em a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.