PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Well, finally I got this magical yellow pouch open and my first impressons are,as follow(not intending to make no review)

so, cut is something like similar to Amphoras but a bit more ribbon and smokes a tad faster,taste-wise this blend has some similarities again with Amphora regular(which is today my daily smoke,)But with the exception being, lighter in body(no added Kentuckies)yet that spicy Orient is less pronounced in comparition to Amphora, cavendish is present more and is soft ,overall pretty nice stuff and very good value,this may bite if puffed fast and definitely benefits from some drying time before smoking.Burns well and pretty fast.I got feeling that this Sail is today such an Underated blend,I ain't saying here this baccy offers something special,but again based on my experience this a step up from standard U.S OTC blends but so is its price, costs half more than say PA or CH. One serious downside,here in the EU Sail Brand ain't to be found nowhere else but

only within Netherlands

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I smoked a ton of this 45+ years ago when it was one of four Sail blends available in drugstores here in the States. Only two available now,and not in drugstores.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are several pouch tobaccos I'd like to try from PC, Iwan Ries, and SPC. With so many excellent blends in unopened tins, I'm reluctant to line up pouches besides, but if I do, I will probably have to go with one online retailer, to keep the shipping down. Plenty of interesting off-the-beaten-trail blends that sound good, both non-aros and aromatics. I try not to buy leaf nervously -- it's so appealing in its variety. At least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.