PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
So I'm a few days late, but here's what my amazing wife got me for Father's Day this year...

It's a Peterson Father's Day 2012 Pipe. Why 2012 you ask? Well, because that's the year my son was born. I wanted the 2012 pipe for the year, but I wanted it for my first Father's Day. She actually has had it over a year, and I knew about it, but still super excited to finally have it in my possession.
And, the pipe has a great story behind it...when my wife contact the Peterson shop last year, she was informed that they were all sold out with the exception of one (literally, one) in a shape that I didn't like. So, I got involved and contacted them to see if they were truly out if there was any way I could still get one somewhere. Alas, there was nothing available. So I gave up on my quest.
But, a couple of days later, one of the shop reps emailed me, they had found one (again, literally one) 999 shape (the one I wanted) and said it was mine if I wanted it. To say I was overjoyed would be an understatement.
So here it is, the last Father's Day 2012 999. One day, I will pass it on to my son on his first Father's Day.
As an aside, this pipe did not come in a Father's Day box or bag. Does anyone know where I can get a Father's Day 2012 box and bag for this pipe?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That is a treasured pipe for sure. My son is 4 and loves my pipes, make those memories and smells stand out for him and he will be honoured to receive that pipe years down the road. A family heirloom in the making!

Status
Not open for further replies.