PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
img_20130711_125243-600x450.jpg

Bought these two at an antiques store, they were marked half off... got both for $7. They were relatively clean, I just took some of the teeth marks out, but didn't get them polished up. The straight smokes great. I think I'm going to give the bent to a friend of mine who was with me when I made the purchase.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
That's a great deal for sure! "Relatively clean" is music to my ears after some of the cleanings I've had to do lately.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great catch, Boz!
Your keeper looks just like my granddad's pipe. I don't smoke it but it's parked in a place of honor on my home desk.
Fnord

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Yeah, the bowls were reamed and barely had any smell to them, so I just wiped them with alcohol. I carefully heated them to get the stem off and then cleaned everything with alcohol. The base that the bowls screw onto took the most time to get clean.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good stuff Boz!
I have a Falcon and I really like it. I was pretty surprised on how well it smoked. It's my favorite work/driving pipe.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
$7.00?? ONLY $7.00?? What a steal!! I have one Falcon and really enjoy the smoke it provides. Those two you have should clean up and shine really nice too. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.