PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
so i finally had money to try for an estate buy and found one that i liked the look of the pipes got it for a grand total of 33.58, cant wait to clean them up and smoke them.
$_57.JPG

--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please use your Shift key in body text as well.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well shoot, that looks like a lot of fun for a small amount of money! A good variety of shapes too. I like old pipes, and once cleaned up properly, they usually smoke as good as anything.

Congrats, and happy puffin!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Nice score that sitter looks interesting to me. Any details on what you managed to get? We always like it when someone manages to find something great; even if it's just because we're jealous. :lol: Happy smoking!

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
and the main reason i wanted it i loved the look of the sitter it caught my eye and i had to have it

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Even if the bottom left and middle right are the only decent pipes, you got a GREAT deal. Congrats to you and I would also like to know (when you receive them) if the bottom left is an all briar :)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Sallow-

Yes, the bulldog. It looks like a Kaywoodie All-Briar. I have a few of those, they have a briar stem. Only made in the early 1950's. Cool pipes!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Well, I thought they were only early 50's. Seems to be some conflicting info here.......

Anyhoo, they are neat pipes. I like mine, but truthfully, don't smoke them much. The briar feels good in the teeth though.

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-kaywoodie-1.html

http://smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/united-states/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=70736

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
that would be sweet didnt know they made all briar style hoping so would love to try one but my frist one to clean up and try is gonna be the bent seating bulldog i love bent pipes, and i never had a true sitting pipe i have a couple that can sit but easy to knock over. and yeah i need a rotation of pipes i only have 3 so far use to be 5 but i lost one at the renfair this year and broke one in my bike crash.... so this should help me get it back up to a rotation again

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
just got the message they are in shipping today and should be here soemtime around oct 30-nov 4 pictures will come up of before and after i clean them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.