PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I spent this evening exchanging emails with the man himself. This, to me, was a new experience. I've never even bought a new pipe much less commissioned one. He had me scroll through his photos to pick a shape at which point he gave me my color options for pipe/stem. His pipes are defaulted to a size 5, but I requested the largest 6 he was okay with doing. To sort through photos and pick a shape is seriously difficult!! Not wanting to drag my flip flopping on and occupy too much of his time, I forced myself to pick quickly. And so I chose the shape pictured below , in a size 6, in black with an amber stem. You then pay 50% of the price and be patient and forget about till August/September 2015. This again is harder than it sounds.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Wow iamn8 - that is a fantastic pipe! What a brilliant bowl! Who's the maker? And why do you have to wait until August?!
Andy

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Sorry thought I'd put that. It's a JT Cooke! August because that's the soonest he can get to it. His skill is in VERY high demand!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congratulations on your Cooke commission. I'm more than a little jealous, and can't wait to see the finished pipe.
-- Pat

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Commissions are exciting! All three of my Weavers are commissioned pieces, and he ocassionally sends me pics of the work in progess adding more fun to the process! Congrats on your commission!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Very cool! Please keep us posted as this process continues. Hopefully you see it earlier than the estimate. The delay would kill me!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah I'm with you completely!! The wait most certainly will kill me!!! I would bet it will be far more likely to be late than early. When you google JT Cooke and read all the interviews and commentary you realize just how revered the man is and how desirable and wicked his pipes are. The guy honestly could ask more than double what he does. They sell for more on the 2nd hand market than they do brand new....that's seriously amazing!!! Id love to simply forget about it and be surprised late next year when I receive an email to alert me its on its way... But that won't happen. I'll think of it daily I imagine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.