PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Some are aware of commission I signed on for in Feb 2015. Just got updated photos from Michael. The pipe is due for completion in couple weeks. It's turned out far more beautifully than I'd ever hoped! It looks awesome!!!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks!! I can't wait to actually hold it! Looks like it should be a seriously wicked piece of craftsmanship.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm curious, our original plan was for a partial blast, but I left that to his discretion. I wonder if that's still his plan? I don't wanna ask. I like going through this process as-is :)

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I'm curious, our original plan was for a partial blast, but I left that to his discretion. I wonder if that's still his plan? I don't wanna ask. I like going through this process as-is
I can dig it. Let the creative juices flow! Either way it's a beauty!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I guess it's too late to talk you out of this one? You are going to be so happy when you get to light that pipe up for the first time. What blend will you christen it with when it comes time?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yes, a little late to talk me out of my commission :) these days I'm smoking mostly flake so likely nothing anymore exciting than Dunhill Flake :( feels plain Jane, but such is life.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm curious. I'm too close to this to tell, but generally speaking, I can spot Parks pipes out of a crowd. Does this pipe look like "typical Michael Parks" to anyone? Buying a Parks pipe, one wants his signature look...

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm curious. I'm too close to this to tell, but generally speaking, I can spot Parks pipes out of a crowd. Does this pipe look like "typical Michael Parks" to anyone? Buying a Parks pipe, one wants his signature look...
It's not done yet, Nate. Hold tight. Mike does his take on the classic British shapes _SO_ well, and he is working from a defined starting place here. I'm guessing that if you guys talked about a partial blast, then that's what you'll get. Mike would probably have already been talking to you about making the pipe a smooth if that's where the block was suggesting he go with finishing. Mike's blast is really part of his signature, and I'm guessing that you'll be able to pick this pipe out as a Parks' Pipe from across the room when all is said and done.
Have faith.
Enjoy the wait.
-- Pat

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Pat!! I have a followup question. This "patience" that you speak of... is this something Parks also sells? I've been waiting since over a year ago and I'm almost out :) I find that as my supply dwindles, it's being replaced by a sensation not unlike constipation. I do not like it.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This "patience" that you speak of... is this something Parks also sells?
No. But it's something he has in abundance. If you'd like to learn patience, you could always become a Cubs or a Maple Leafs fan.
-- Pat

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Yesterday I contacted Mike for a commission and he said he will work on nothing else but mine. He told me all the pipes still waiting completion would be at least another 3 months before being done.

Nate, sorry but you are on the back burner, oh so sad.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An intelligent and tasteful choice. The diplomat is unusual enough to remain distinctive. I have one, among my too many pipes. Yours is a beauty. Mine ain't too bad.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Yesterday I contacted Mike for a commission and he said he will work on nothing else but mine.
You lie, Harris.
I have it on good authority that what Mike said to you was, "Sorry. I don't make those wimpy Danish-oid shapes."
-- Pat

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
pat, the shapes I like are timeless classics and Mike makes them very well.
This diplomat looks like it is going to be awesome. Let us know when it is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.