Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
6jBpN1F
w6TzZWA
eI2lW1l
I just picked up a beautiful pipe I commissioned from Jesse Jones! It's my first commissioned pipe. I am dedicating this pipe to Pelican! I will try to post pictures, but I haven't had much luck doing that here. I think Jesse is one of the premier pipe carvers in the U.S. and a really great guy to boot! He has a new website, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post it here. Admin???

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Dropbox, etc.), select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) and choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address) into the box that pops up under IMG in the compose reply window of the thread in which you want the photo to show.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Thanks 1coyote for the detailed explanation about the imgur app. Somehow, I tried something like that earlier and, from the app, I could only get a "shortened" url to imgur website page. I had to "open in safari" long click on the image "open image" than copy the link. What a pain in my ass.
With your walkthrough, piece of cake, thanks !!

Man, it's a lesson of humility, I'm 35, have a degree in IT, and pride myself to know my way around apps and the likes. Lesson learned !
edit: I was completely off topic. Congratulations on the new acquisition. I can't imagine what it feels like to get a commissioned pipe, but "yay" nonetheless.

Jan 8, 2013
Having a pipe made especially for you is not only fun, but also rewarding. Conversations with the maker and plans, and then watching those plans become a reality through emails and photos (if the carver does so) and then finally getting the finished product is just awesome. When you finally hold that pipe in your hands, you know you have a one of a kind pipe made especially for you. And it's a pipe to be cherished. Yours is quite nice. Enjoy the heck out of it :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@tschiraldi
That is a very lovely piece. Commissions can be very addictive as you know when holding it, it was made for you, and it's a one of a kind. I make a yearly call to Bruce Weaver for commissions on my birthday. Enjoy that beauty, and welcome to the world of commissioned PAD! :mrgreen:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
6jBpN1F.jpg
eI2lW1l.jpg
I began breaking it in today with some of Butera's Pelican. Smokes like a dream from the first light, and with no bowl coating, a really special "1st smoke" taste! Bravo Mr. Jones!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
1Coyote - Jesse is my favorite carver. He does the classics really well, and the engineering is spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.