PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
This is my first Churchwarden and I'm interested in seeing how much cooler a smoke can be produced through the extra long stem. A plus? I collect Stanwell pipes which helped seal the deal. Sellers photos. Pipe should arrive Tuesday, 01/21/14. Wish me luck!!
The downside? The pipe only comes with the long stem. If anyone has or can suggest where I may find the short stem please let me know!
Stanwell, Hans Christian Andersen
S2.jpg

S1.jpg

S3.jpg

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
You can always have one made at walker briar works. His stems are nice and you can send the pipe in to have a custom one made

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Durham I have a HCA as well, different shape, but it is one of my favourites. I don't notice a huge difference in the coolness of the smoke between the long stem and the short (I have both). It is a great pipe for relaxing and watching a movie with or sitting around the campfire. Enjoy it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two churchwardens, a full-length Savenelli 601, and a 7-inch Group 2 green stained Ewa, both with

fully curved stems. With so many other shorter pipes, I don't bother with extra stems. I just smoke the

churchwardens when I'm in that meditative mood, and enjoy the long stems. The pipes "travel the smoke,"

as an old TV ad for cigarettes used to say, and I think they do smoke slightly cooler.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
This seller has been caught red handed Photoshopping the flaws out of the photos of their pipes... I just got an 11" long church 8" Foreverstem with a MM Legend, it smokes quite a bit cooler than the rest of my pipes.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
rockymtnsmoker, pipe measurements are as follows:
Pipe length: 11 1/2"

Bowl Height: 2

Bowl Width: 1 3/8

Chamber Width: 3/4

Chamber Depth: 1 3/4

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks guys!! I'm aware and have read the posts regarding this seller some months back. I have recently looked at a lot of the sellers images and have actually seen pipes with flaws showing so I hope that the earlier problems have come to an end. I took a chance and that's the reason in my original post I said, Wish me luck!!
I just got an 11" long church 8" Foreverstem with a MM Legend, it smokes quite a bit cooler than the rest of my pipes.
Eric, I've thought about ordering a few of these stems myself! I have a couple MM cobs from the 1960's that would make wonderful Churchwardens. I have one MM spool cob now with a bamboo stem. I'm even thinking about ordering some bamboo and making my own.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I highly recommend ordering the forever stems, they are really great and the churchwarden ones like what I have are only $17 each for stems that truly will last forever, even if your a chronic clencher, so far I have not been able to make a mark on mine yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.