PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I read on the forums in past threads that Chacom's can be decent pipes for the money. I've been looking for a smaller reasonably priced pipe and since I don't have a Chacom, I pulled the trigger on this one. A Chacom Reybert 81. What I found appealing is the size, the color and the price. Any opinions, good or bad about Chacom pipes?
chacomreybert81-600x572.jpg

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have this one:

20181013_230916.jpg

I like it a lot. It is light, stem is good for clenching, and stuff tastes well in it. It was threaded inside the mortise to fit some kind of filter or stinger, and my pipecleaners got stuck there, so I drilled the threads out. Everything is fine now. It cost me around 120$ new, so I'm happy. And I like the way it looks too.

P

pipebuddy

They are well made pipes for the price you're paying. :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Chacom is part of that French pipe industry that goes way back and originated briar as a principle pipe material. All of the major French brands give good quality, great value for the price, and an almost unerring sense of design and style. BC, Genod, Vuillard, EWA, and others are in that community. I have three or four Chacoms and approve them all. Among my favorites is a green stain straight billiard with a tapered stem made specifically for Iwan Ries, but not a house pipe. It is light weight with an ample bowl, better than some pipes at three times the price I suspect. Most of the "classic English shapes" actually originated in France. Fine briars.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
I don't own one - But from what I can see they look like a good value for the money. Enjoy it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They always look snappy and well finished to me. There is quality and it shows. And they retain their good appearance over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.