PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I'm excited about this pipe and a little nervous as well. I NEVER buy a pipe with only one picture but something told me to do it and I had some money from selling an estate. So here is my new to me Butz Choquin "Camargue" as I will receive it. This brand is one I have wanted to try but assumed I wouldn't be able to afford. This picture will serve as a before shot and I will update the thread as I get the pipe, restore it, and then smoke it. That is if there is enough interest, if not I will just let the thread die.

Hopefully I will have the pipe in a few days and will put up more shots when it arrives. I paid less than 20.00 so even if there is some unseen issue I won't be out too much or if I just don't like it I should be able to get my money back after restoration.

NewButzbefore.jpg

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I look forward to seeing the end result. Did you say that the picture you posted is the one from the seller? It always amazes me that people selling an estate pipe don't try and make it look at least a little better. Although, maybe better to leave it up to someone who knows what they are doing. :)

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Did you say that the picture you posted is the one from the seller?

Yes it is :)

I will keep the thread alive with pics the day I receive it. I keep wishing I had before and after pics of my pipes so this time I will for sure.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
On listings with only one picture sometimes you win and sometimes not so much. Heck that Soren I got only had one picture. That one to me looks like it's in fixable condition and I look forward to seeing the process. :clap:

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Here are some "during" shots I took with my phone. This is after a bit of cleaning and waxing. The pipe has a fill that a small piece has come out. I basically filled it with wax till I learn how to do fills :D The stem is soaking along with some others I am working on to sell on the bay. I will get this one done tomorrow and will post some pictures with our camera.

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

And just for review...

NewButzbefore.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
BC doesn't make pipes like that one any more -- that I've seen, at any rate.

$20 is a steal! I hope it turns out to be a nice smoker for you. :clap:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have a Daccord from BC. Love the look of it, but the bowl gets hotter than hell regardless of the blend, so I don't smoke it as often as my other pipes.
Great score for $20. Hope it turns out to be a great smoker.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I hope it smokes well for me. It's a fantastic looking piece that looks good on my 'fancy pipes' pipe rack. I am about to work the stems I have soaking so stay tuned for another update and a few more pics

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Looks good spyder--it's been my experience that if the outside looks like that in a pic it's ripe for restoring, with the caveat that I've learned to enquire with the seller as to the condition of the chamber, as I've been burned, as it were, with burnt-out walls. BC is on my to-get list for sure, let us know how it goes!

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
Looks great! Maybe one day when I get the cash together I'll purchase an older estate pipe and attempt to restore it if needed. I know they must smoke better than the Dr.Grabow I have.

robert76

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
Great looking pipe :)

I recently bought a Butz and it has become one of my favorites. Great gob on cleaning that beauty up.
Wow I can't spell... How about great job on cleaning :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.