PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
And I'm not loving it. Even in a small bowled cob, it's a little rough around the edges. This is the only blend I've smoked that has made me cough when I snork it. I think I may have reached my perique threshold. It's the first time I've smoked a perique blend where I experienced the pepper note of perique overwhelming the stewed fruit note. I'll try it in some other pipes, but I think this may have to get the 5100 treatment. It does taste good, and I don't doubt the quality, but it is punching me in the face right now.
Would a bigger pipe tone it down or just intensify it?

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
I believe it would intensify, but even this Perique nut isn't experienced enough for a definitive answer. All I know is that I'm more excited than ever to give Kajun K a shot!

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I ordered a tin a few years ago and found it not to my liking as well. I kept at it hoping it would grow on me and it never did. I managed to get through 1/3 of the tin when it surprisingly went moldy on me. I tossed the tin and never looked back. I know some folks love it and that's great. For me it ranked among the least liked blends I've tried.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I love Kajun Kake. Its not a delicate Va/per. For me hits the spot when I want to get a good shot of perique.

Status
Not open for further replies.