PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I would like to thank both troutface and Zonomo for each sending me Hobbits weed since it wasn't possible for me to order it being in Canada and they do not ship here.
The blend was dark in color and smelt of berries and vanilla. The smell from the bag was pleasing but I can tell just from the smell this wasn't an everyday smoke for me. I allowed the tobacco to dry on a paper towel for 30min before packing it into my Brigham 1dot billiard with maple filter.
First light the flavor immediately took and stayed through out the entire smoke. It was cool and dry with no sign of moisture or gurgle I really enjoyed this blend. Every puff was smooth and the cavendish was there for the entire smoke. Near the end of the bowl I began to pick up on the burley in the blend it was only there in the after taste after I exhaled the smoke I detected a sweet nutty taste around my tongue. This was pretty good and it reminded me of what I enjoyed about roll cake from Mac baren. Only thing that makes this blend not an everyday smoke is the nic hit, there isn't any it's as if your smoking just cavendish in terms of nicotine it's just too mild.
However it never got hot and burn down very slow and even the whole smoke. I will be saving this blend for mornings and before bed simply because its such an easy no hassle smoke that I'm really relaxed while smoking it.
I'm by no means good at reviews but I thought I would just share what I thought about this blend. I do recommend it to those beginning pipe smoking and enjoy aros. Just make sure you give it some dry time. It is the best predominant cavendish blend that I have smoked to date this I know for certain.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Sorry it was my first little write up on a blend. I will try and go into more detail on the taste when i smoke my second bowl but for now heres what i can think of. it tasted like a fruit yogurt cocktail. The cherry is predominant in the blend while the vanilla is in the background holding all the flavor together I'm sure once I have another bowl of this I will be able to explain and pin point the taste better. If this helps its smoother then lord methleys from 4noggins and bolder then moulin rouge from sutliff. Ill repost on my second bowl.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I keep meaning to drop by the Tewkesbury shop, but I never seem to get downtown during business hours anymore... :( Glad to hear the effort will be worthwhile once I make it!

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Yeah the shop is in Colorado. But they do ship $8.15 for two ounces.

Thanks for the review smokeybear. It's been on my list to buy. There is a lot of talk about this blend. Not sure if it's because of the name or the actual quality.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the review Smokey. I am still too new to be able to articulate what I feel, sense and taste during smokes. For those of you in the US who enjoy aros, even occasionally, I can't recommend this more.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Zonomo you have smokes this more then me bud would you say my review was accurate I plan on adding a bit more after my second bowl this was just first impressions. I did really enjoy the blend because it was really easy to smoke I never had to relite which was a bonus. The only thing I didn't get from it was a nicotine satisfaction because I still smoke cigs and I usually don't feel like having a smoke after.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Yep - They're in downtown Denver, in the same building as the UPS Store where I used to have a mailbox. I no longer work downtown, however, and rarely seem to make it back to that area. Of course, now I've got additional motivation... :D

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
The only thing I didn't get from it was a nicotine satisfaction
I thought your review was excellent. As far as the nic-hit, thats a bonus for me since I am a non-smoker smoker.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I'll put this on my "gotta try" list. Their Bar Harbour looks really interesting as well. Great review, thanks.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Stopped by the Tewksbury & Co. store after class today. Picked up a sack of Hobbit's Weed and gave it a light. Not bad, very sweet, a little too sweet for my liking.

lordmegatron

Lurker
Sep 12, 2013
wow, that stuff sound great. and not just because i am a huge tolkien fan lol. i for sure wanna try me some of this

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
I was all excited when I found this brand, as someone told me to try it. Filling out the order form for online purchase and a big boxing glove came out of my monitor and smacked me around 5 or 6 times. My speakers went full blast on their own and someone (or something) yelled/growled at me " NO CANADIAN! No Weed for you! " Still kind of tearing up from the drama.
Glad you managed to get some Smokey!

Status
Not open for further replies.