PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Got home about an hour or so ago and loaded up a bowl of Rotary Navy Cut in my Rad Davis Apple. My neurosurgeon said the operation was a success as he was able to cut out a lot of bone to widen my spinal canal which has sever stenosis in it. He was also able to fix the one bulging disc and to repair the tear in another. He said I will be back on the tennis courts in 12-15 weeks which will be a blessing. I am definitely in some serious pain but the Oxycodone and Soma is managing it ok. I was lucky in that the pump they had at the base of the incision to drain the blood worked real well so I did not have to come home with that pump and deal with that. It was amazing at how much blood was draining from that thing and how often the nurses had to empty it, but by 9 am it had slowed enough they were able to get rid of it. I am so glad to be home instead of the hospital, much more comfortable, they gave me the choice of staying a couple of days there but I like my bed, cable, lap top, pipes,tobacco, food, sons and daughters waiting on me way better.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Glad to hear to made it out of there with everything fixed.
I don't suppose I have to tell you to be careful with the meds, but it never hurts. Be careful. Too many people don't follow the directions.
Rest up and keep the updates coming! :puffy:

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
Rest up and get better Sir. The pipe has some healing qualities for sure.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Answered prayers, friend.
Don't push the recovery window too hard, okay?
Allowing your body to heal properly will just give you that many more years on the tennis court, playing street hockey, touch football, golf, curling, etc., etc.
Fnord

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys. This is my second back surgery so I know what not to do in terns of rushing back. The last one I pushed by playing tennis after only 6 weeks and I definitely learned my lesson. There will be no rushing this time and when I do hit the courts again it will be strictly doubles for the first month or two. I am a singles player and when I came back last time, I went right into singles and had a bit of a set back. Live and learn.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris
I'm glad your operation went well and you are now back at home. Please rest up and enjoy smoking your Rad pipes. Perhaps Rad will have a new one added soon to the website that you can get as a reward to yourself for a successful operation.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Harris, take really good care of yourself. Rest is always good for you. Especially with your friend the pipe. Glad you are through the surgery and into the recovery stage.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Great news Harris. :clap: I'd offer to send you a few bowls of something special, but I'm sure you have more choices than I could offer. Heal quick, and its great to hear things went well.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great to have you back Harris - sounds like you've got some serious recovery to do, but glad it went as well as it could. Here's wishing you're on your feet and hitting those serves ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.