PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This is the first time I will own this shape pipe. I honestly do not know why I have not bought one before this as it does remind me of a Dublin which is one of my favorite shapes. It is an estate Rad Davis which is a solid group 5 and it is very light. Of course it has the prerequisite cumberland stem which I just love. The blast is different than most of my others where it runs vertical instead of horizontal but I like it.

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

Reactions: SpookedPiper

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Another beauty Harris - love the sandblast on that one and of course, gotta love a cumberland stem. Congrats! :clap:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Beautiful pipe. Reminds me of Mountains at sunset. Or untouched sand at the beach, whipped by the wind.
I love sandblasted pipes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Bradley, I kind of thought it looked more like a Zulu but the owner says it Belge. I think I am going to ask Rad what it is since he made it.
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Very nice pipe! The 'belge' part in this pipe would be the taper towards the rim of the bowl, something a true zulu doesn't have. There seems to be some discussion as to whether a belge should have a foot, a cylindrical extension on the bottom of the bowl, or if it's then called a cutty.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Very nice texture indeed!
Great pick, I hope it smokes well for you Harris.
I am not as familiar with the categorization of shapes as the rest of you guys, but whatever it is - I like it!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys.
Rad just got back to me and he said it was indeed a Belge. He explained it as such.
" The Zulu shape has a wider, oval shank and a more tapered Dublin-like bowl."

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
His pipes are so beautiful. I wish I got back into pipes BEFORE I quit my job instead of after!

Status
Not open for further replies.