PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I really wanted an English bulldog and when this popped up, I grabbed it. I have not done any work to it yet other than a wipe down. I think it dates to 1962, as it has a 4 digit code, Barling's Make, and a TVF stamp. I am pretty jazzed to have it.
18521080-orig.jpg

Don

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Pre transition Barling definitely at the top of my list. Excellent find. I would've snatched that up in a second.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
The seller still has another, I think from the same period. I am not sure it is OK to post the link, but I will. Mods, please delete if thus is breaking any rules.
Barling

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
The seller still has another
Wow.. I really like that shape. Thanks a bunch.
Hey Sable, if you read this can you check it out? I know your the resident Barling expert. Thanks.
Looks like an easy clean up and the stem logo hasn't been buffed off...

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Awesome! Make, best manufacture of that make, shape dead on classic, condition, and what is for me the clincher, the S-curve stem.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm interested in the stem markings on this (really nice, by the way) pipe. At first glance it looks like a Saseini-style four dot configuration. I didn't know Barling marked stems like that. Or maybe it's the crossed Barling logo, but much of the marking has faded or been buffed away?

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
The original markings were Barling in a cross configuration. All that is left is B....ng. I usually go after estate pipe stems with an Oxiclean soak, scrub with Magic Erasers and polish with Micromesh pads. I am afraid to even touch this stem as I feel what is left of the stem stamps will vanish quite easily.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I noticed on many of the Barling estates the crossed “Barlings” logo on the stem was buffed away or nearly gone. Kinda hard to find one intact, so far anyway.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
OK. Add another “first Barling” to the group. Just pulled the trigger on this one. Thanks a bunch donjgiles. Man I love this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.