PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandblassted

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Good evening,

I am new here, I wanted to share with you all my first ever pipe: a Savinelli Sistina 606

search

Not that I know any better, I am just very content with my purchase.

Since I am really enjoying smoking a pipe, I decided to add this beautiful radice Rind Billiard to my rotation. I've read some where on this forum that one should smoke the best pipe he can afford, so here she is! http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/radice/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=104783

search

Really looking forward to breaking her in.

What do you all think?

Cheers

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That Radice is some serious pipe, beautifully done with the proportions and square shank.

It's not a lightweight but pays back with substance.

sandblassted

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, Gentlemen.
Cannot see the Savinelli, huh?! Try this link: http://www.savinelli.it/en/sistina-rusticata-8
Cheers!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Sandblassted - fine choices and fine looking pipes too. That Radice especially is my kind of pipe.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
http://www.pipedia.org/wiki/Caminetto
Welcome to the forum.
Few smokers started out with the quality of pipes you have. That Radice is a beauty.
You might find this link interesting as it gives some of the history of Radice pipes.
Peppino Ascorted started working for Castello, then partnered with Luigi Radice in making Caminneto Pipes. When Caminetto dissolved due to business differences with a third partner, they went their separated ways and started making pipes under their own names.

sandblassted

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
John218, great read, thanks. It is nice to know the pipe makers history. Being from Italian descent, I especially like reading about fellow Italians!
You guys seems like a great bunch, really looking forward to learning and sharing with you all.
Cheers!

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Well I'm still pretty new around here but welcome to the hobby and forum! Congrats on both the pipes both are great looking and should smoke well hope you enjoy. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum and no question is bad so read and ask away. Oh yeah I still need to add a square shank to my lineup always wanted one.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
sandblassted,
I thought you would enjoy the article. There's a picture tour of the Radice shop online somewhere, but I couldn't find it. The shop is the size of a two car garage and only 3 or 4 people work there. It has pictures of Luigi hand carving a pipe in something like a New Dear finish with a wood carving chisel. Amazing what someone with talent like his can do with just a chisel.
I am Italian on my father's side, who was first generation. My mother, who was first generation Irish "converted" to Italian. My maternal grandparents died before I was born, but we lived with my paternal grandparents until I was seven. My mother learned to cook from grandma. Her sauce tasted exactly like grandma's. Nothing like an Italian grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.