PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Hello there, second post in and I thought it would be good to share what is happening in my corner of the world.
Currently smoking two blends, my B&M's 9-2-5 and a Germain's plumcake. I have yet to crack FM Across the Pond and Old Dog.
My first "real" pipe was a BC Calabash Jr. seen here. Cool smoke, few relights and easy on the jaw.

NewerButz2_zps2176be04.jpg

NewButz1_zpsf8186beb.jpg

My second pipe is a Peterson Kinsale XL12. I will be following up with the first smoke details in a later post.

NewerPeterson2_zps84af07e5.jpg

NewerPeterson_zps99b388bd.jpg

This is my third (possibly last for a while!), a Ben Wade Preben Holm era freestyle that is roughly 30 years young. Once I get my hands on this, there will also be a follow up.

photo1_zps6834724a.jpg

photo2_zps7f8925aa.jpg

photo4_zps823b70a8.jpg

Sorry if this is too many pictures. Looking forward to many more posts!

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Cheers! This is one friendly bunch! Any advice on an apartment dweller who wants to smoke indoors? It's a tad chilly where I hail from and as much as I like the cold, there are some nights that I just want to kick up my feet in the warmth.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Open window, with a fan directing the air out. It won't completely remove the smell, so if that's a concern keep that in mind. There will always be a lingering aroma.
Edit- I'm also becoming a big user of the Lampe Berger scented lamps. You may want to google them or search the forums if you're not familiar. Very neat!

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the advice ghost, I will check those lamps out. Sounds like a good idea. I am biased as I have always loved the smell of pipe tobacco.
Also, rothnh thanks for your suggestion, I will look into that also, it's great to have options. Thanks also for the collection comment.
I have to say, there is such a good vibe on this forum. I have only been here a couple of days and it's awesome. I find there seems to be an 'insta-bond' with pipe smokers. I could be off on that...but this place sure supports my hypothesis. :D

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks Dervis! I have a feeling that PAD&TAD are sinking their claws into me already.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Welcome, Progger.
You're right, of course. This is one of the friendliest gathering places around. Folks here are genuinely kind, eager to help and willing to share their opinions.
Your pipes are just swell but that Ben Wade pick axe made little beads of sweat pop out on my upper lip. It's gorgeous and if it only smokes half as good as it looks I'd still be a happy man.
Fnord

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Those are some damn fine pipes! Just got me a preben holm can't wait for it to get here so I can see how it smokes!!! Where do you hail from Progger. I am in the Northwest, a bit chilly up here as well. My wife don't let me smoke indoors so I enjoy my smoke outside!!

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
@bigboi I come from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Home of my nations oldest tobacco shop (lucky me!) I live alone so I have options. :D
@hans thanks! I am really looking forward to it, the ebay shipping oracle tells me I should have it on or around Jan 10th

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Welcome to the forum progger... Great looking pipes there, especially love the Ben Wade... I prefere freehands, and most in my collection are at least that old or a little younger... I think you will love the way it smokes...

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
@cajundad Cheers mate, thanks! I am quite fond of the stains myself.
@guitarguy86 Thank you very much, only three for now! *FIGHTING PAD!!!*
@crk69 Thanks for the warm welcome and I think my tastes lean towards the freehands too. I enjoy the more natural look but at the same time, there are certain "non-freehand" shapes that still tickle my fancy.
@pipeinhand *Tips hat* Thank you ser, the BC is quite enjoyable to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.