PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I just got my first American Artisan pipe in the mail a J. Parker original. For those of you who do not know it is our very own Darjones. Let me tell you the pics do not even do this pipe justice. While it isn't a traditional pipe looking pipe, it looks fantastic in hand. Very comfortable to hold and hangs from my mouth nice. The bowl is smaller than the rest of my pipes that I have, but I was happy about that since I was looking for a pipe with a smaller bowl for quicker smoke. This is one of his black walnut pipes and when I won this baby on Ebay I figured I was going to smoke my Aros from it. Well, when I actually got to hold it, it screamed let me burn the Frog. So, I packed in some FMOTT and went outside and sat on my porch and smoked away. WOW. It smokes pretty damned good. Nice smooth draw, didn't gurgle, smoked cool. I could taste a bit of the wood in the smoke but it really lent to the latakia in the blend and made it a have a little smokier flavor which was suprisingly tasty. I can't wait for it to get broken in more to see how she evens out the smoke. I really love FMOTT and I do have to say that Darjones' pipe really made the blend sing.

Darjones' from here on out is just going to get better and better at his pipe making. I am telling you right now I believe if he keeps up at this and learns from some of the other fantastic pipe makers out there we are going to be seeing his pipes for a long time.

$T2eC16Z,!ykE9s7t)2i(BRZhFyFLL!~~60_57.JPG

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Good one bigboi, I'm glad it smokes as well as it looks. I think Dar is on the right track and I'll be looking for his pipes on the bay. You may have the historical first purchased pipe from a future pipe artisan.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks...working on my second bowl of FMOTT. Its a terrific smoke for this pipe

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
briarben, You have to remember if your looking for a Rad Davis type pipe your not going to get one. However do I think Darjones will get there, hell yeah. If he continues you to work and refine his techniques I am certain he will be just as good a pipe maker as anyone else that people get excited about one here.

briarben

Lurker
Mar 28, 2013
Bigboi I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm definitely sure it will be much better than some of my pipes(early uninformed purchases). I'll let you all know how it is once it gets here, and I have a chance to tame it.

Status
Not open for further replies.