PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Spied this Fritz Era rusticated Dublin on Briar Blues. Ended up trading in my 60s Stanwell + cash to get it.

I've long enjoyed the look of this particularly bulbous rustication. Throw in a unique brindle stem and I was salivating.
Mike was super easy to deal with. Big thanks to him for the deal.
Now that I have it in hand I can finally feel what this smoothed, rounded rustication is all about. I'm sure I'll end up buying more like it.

I've never seen a stem shaped like this one, brindled or not. It's really what sealed the deal for me.
E26XFxF.jpg

fGHStmV.jpg

mcNxNpO.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
If a mod can fix the thread title I'd appreciate it..typos make my head hurt lol.
I have gone ahead and done a charring light on some 5100/5105..the draw is wide open and feels great.

I hope you wanted me to change the title to "First" instead of "Finest." I wasn't sure...
Anyways, welcome to the world of Beckers. I only have three so far, but all of them are excellent burners, light, loose, and they keep a cherry going for quite a while when you set them down. I always have an eye out for a new Becker. Dublins, rhodesians, and the stacks are my envy. It looks like you have a sweet one... enjoy!

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Ya know monk, I didn't care for the look of most rusticated pieces for a long time. Eventually though, after handling a few, I've come to enjoy the hand feel of them.

The particular finish can vary quite a bit, maker to maker and method to method.

Status
Not open for further replies.