PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
This is were I spent big chunks of this weekend enjoying the beautiful spring weather. This is my back deck looking out into the yard where I can watch the kids play. Its covered so even if its raining I can enjoy my pipe. It ain't much, but its mine and I love it. Show me where you love to enjoy your pipe the most.
The first is the deck and my chair.

This is my little table setup, note the coffe cup, for my fellow Canadians (sorry Pat).

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Lol, if it makes you feel better, its their steeped tea, which is pretty good to my untrained pallette. Honestly its just a damn convenience thing, I need to know what you got me that night when we were lookjng at fhe pipes, I still dream about that coffee.......of course I was buzzed for about 3 hrs but it was so worth it!

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Hey there br that looks like a nice spot to enjoy your pipe, thanks for sharing it with us . My favourite spot is also on my back deck overlooking Lake Nippissing. I'll try my best to get a pic & post it next time. I think its a great idea to post a picture that way we get to see where everyone enjoys their pipes.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Are you telling us that you drink a triple-triple? That setup looks very much like mine, red-bird matches included. haha

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That must be a sight Brassonly, I back on to city recreation complex, the worst I hear is kids playing soccer or lacrosse. I'd love to look out over a lake though, but its definitely not a bad thing to hear kids laughing all day long.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Yeah BR it is very nice now but winter sure ruins it. Now that the nice weather has finally come its great. I got to enjoy a bowl after supper with my oldest son & my pipe smoking buddy. It was a very nice evening & we loved watching all the Waterfowl doing their springtime rituals . I'm sure the Duck Dynasty gang would love it hehehe. Anyway thanks again for sharing your spot with us and I hope you enjoy it lots over the summer.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
No Lumber, its just a double double with milk, thats how my wife takes her coffee though :crazy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Covered porch - what a luxery. A trip to the vet took care of my cover dreams for awhile.

My favorite place is around the campfire with friends and a glass of good whiskey. First trip is coming up soon.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Plateau, I'm counting down the days until our trailer park opens up. We have a place in Buckhorn ON, cannot wait to get up there and I can almost guarantee that will be my new favourite place to smoke. Can't wait for the campfires!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I like to relax and smoke my pipes in that green and white stripped chair on the front covered porch.
frontporch1-600x450.jpg

Now this is the back deck which is not covered so it's great early in the morning or right about sunset for relaxing and smoking a pipe. Great view of the backyard.
backporch1-600x450.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
By the time April rolls around, I'm itching to get out of my closed in workshop winter smoking area and get some fresh air. Once warm weather hits, we live out here, a roof keeps us dry. I listen to either birds or the stereo. NO TV, which puzzled our contractor. A lamp by my smoking table allows me to read and I even keep a laptop AC adaptor in a weather-proof box. We eat all of our dinners out here and breakfast too once June hits. The wife's dream is to add a fireplace on one end, maybe one day.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Since this is becoming a picture thread, here we go.
My porch is by far my favorite place to have a bowl, usually around late afternoon - closer to sundown it tends to get a bit windy and that isn't as nice.
My Seat

2013-05-07-150555-600x450.jpg

Notice the one on the left with the indentation, that's where I flop. Although, the one on the right is a rocker, and that can be nice too.
The View

2013-05-07-150627-600x450.jpg

I love how many trees are in the Capital. We have so many parks that there are a lot of songbirds around all the time. Plus there is a duck pond park right next to my building. Oh, and if you look out to the left, you can catch a glimpse of the Jefferson Monument. I couldn't get a good picture - bit foggy today.
Loved to see you other guys' places, always interesting to see how folks set themselves up.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
Here mine, my garden humble but nice to relax walk around. And if I'm ambitious pull a weed or too.

By the way, an old ladder rack is a great way to support your tomatoes.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
There are some really nice views from people's smoking areas. I'm in the middle of the city so the green space isn't necessarily great, but here's the view of the yard from my perch on the deck. There's a 50 year old apple blossom tree and two 50 year old lilac bushes (or trees, not sure what the heck they are) so at this time of year the yard smells incredible. Of course in a couple of weeks when I'm raking up all the blossoms I'll be grumbling, but in the meantime I'm just enjoying the view. As you can see I need some work in the yard, we have some grub issues this year, but hey all in good time.

Oh ya, and two little kids tearing it up doesn't help, but I'd rather have them playing than worried about wrecking the grass.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The raised beds, the porches, the old trees ... gosh, it looks like home. My favorite places to smoke include:

my study in swivel chair; the living room in rocking chair; the front porch on old church pew; the back yard

in somewhat rusty metal-work chair; the front steps; the local pipe shop; the local pipe show outside at

picnic tables; walking to the mailbox; the kitchen if I'm not cooking or washing dishes etc. During a break

at social events.

Status
Not open for further replies.