My Favorite Sandblasted Pipes (Gregor Lobnik and Savinelli d'Oro)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflipturtles

Lurker
Jun 20, 2014
I started smoking pipe when I was 18 and I have been fortunate enough to collect some beautiful pipes. Now at the wise age of 21, I have acquired 8 briar pipes. These two sandblasted pipes are my most prized. I hope you guys like them! If you have any questions about my pipes or want to ask a young piper anything, fire away!
Gregor Lobnik Bent Egg: Smokingpipes.com link

tumblr_on4xhx5VEV1ure7sto1_1280.jpg

002-357-0070.jpg

002-357-0070_1.jpg
002-357-0070_2.jpg

002-357-0070_3.jpg

Savinelli Guibileo d'Oro (128): Smokingpipes.com link

tumblr_on4xp9wqQ91ure7sto1_1280.jpg

004-006-11446.jpg

004-006-11446_1.jpg

004-006-11446_2.jpg

iflipturtles

Lurker
Jun 20, 2014
@mothernature I actually bought it on a whim and I regretted it for a while, but now it's really grown on me. I really appreciate how special the Guibileo d'Oro line is which I didn't before. It's great smoker too.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Thanks for showing those off. Very nice blast work on both of them. That Savinelli d'Oro is a damned attractive pipe. :puffy:
Good catches.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes impressive pipes for a young one! I like them!
Me personally, I don't care for rusticated pipes. I enjoy looking at them, but all my pipes are smooth. I like seeing the dents and dings I make in them. Rustication hides that. Am I weird?

iflipturtles

Lurker
Jun 20, 2014
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
didimauw, I always try to buy smooth pipes but every time I'm shopping, I get drawn to the sandblasts. Reminds me of waves. Am I weird?

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I like the lines of the bent egg. That is a neat looking pipe.

Oct 7, 2016
Coming back into acquiring pipes after a 15 year absence, I find that I am picking up where I had left off - prefering sandblasts, though I do pick up a smooth piece now and then
Those are two very nice pipes. The OP has a fine eye!
BTW, rusticateds are not the same as sandblasts, though they have their own virtues. My favorite pipe, in fact, is a Castello GG 75 that has given me great service for 30+ years.

Nice pipes.
I cannot imagine myself smoking a pipe at 18. I was smoking cigarettes at 14, but a pipe, with all the rituals, and old man smells... I remember seeing a guy when I was in line registering for college back in 83. He was also registering, smoking a pipe, wearing a sweater, chinos, and boat shoes, and I thought "what a pretentious prick," ha ha. But, the guy had guts. Now that I am older and could give a rat's ass what someone thinks of me, I don't mind stinking and looking pretentious with my pipe always hanging out of my mouth.
Good for you. Nice pipes, and happy smokes.

iflipturtles

Lurker
Jun 20, 2014
I never really smoke in public. I always get strange looks, probably because everyone's confused why someone my age would smoke a pipe.
I'm always looking for a hobby so pipe smoking just happened to a hobby that I found interesting when I was 18. I'm really glad that I started. I love the community and the adventure of trying out all the different blends. It's changed my life for the better.
Many people question the hobby, but I think that it really takes a special type of person to be able to take the time and appreciate something as simple as an evening smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.