My Favorite, Most Expensive, and Best Smoking Pipes...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Are not the same. Just a reflection, but I find that some of my best smokers are some of my less expensive pipes. Maybe it's because as time goes by I'm spending a little more on pipes so the older cheaper pipes are better seasoned/broken in. Maybe I'm more familiar with them and know how to smoke them just right. When I know I have a solid couple hours to commit fully to a session is when I break out my higher quality pipes. Perhaps the build up/anticipation, although hardly a disappointment, lessens the experience. Or maybe I'm just drunk.

Also some pipes that I try to dedicate, like a small narrow bowl that seemed to be perfect for VA flakes, just shine with blends I try to avoid using with it. Perhaps my message, which has probably been shared before, is trial and experiment. You can ask all the questions you want and get more answers than you probably know what to do with, and at the end of the day, what works best for you may only work best for you. I'm not in any way downplaying the wealth of knowledge that can be found on this forum. I actually I encourage anyone to learn as much as they can about anything and everything. But in this business, I feel like this is definitely less a team sport than it is an individual event. I feel like I'm rambling.

Tonight's dinner was roasted chicken risotto, a bottle of zin (poor pairing but I just can't do whites) and some Boswell's Best (I don't even really care for aro's) for dessert.

I need another drank.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
I forgot to mention that one of my favorites was a basket, one of my first, and smokes really well. Another favorite of mine doesn't smoke as well as I always hope it will. And one mid-grade that I don't even really like that much, and is notorious for gurgling, makes whatever the hell I put in it taste pretty damn good. More drunk rambling. Apologies. Cheers!

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
No more wine. Laphroaig.

Perhaps my modest collection and the fact that I've never spent more than $300 for a pipe makes for a sample size too small to warrant any merit.

I don't care though I having fun on my own personal little thread.

I kinda don't feel good.

Imma go send of some drunk texts lol

Good night y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.