PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
One of those weeks where I'm not waiting till Friday to write off my losses. Big ambitions turned into financial rescue/salvage work. Oh well.
So time to do my end of week pipe chores before heading home at oh-too-early tomorrow a.m.
How do *your* end-of-week pipe chores go? (Me -- just posting this makes me want to run outside and dirty one up again. I love that first bowl after a cleaning.
767724d4-79e7-4379-9434-52d2e45ab2cc_zps64c6c2bf.png

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Having just talked to a crazy client, I have pictured other things to do with Everclear and some bristly reamers. Gonna need bigger, more bristly reamers. And that's not enough Everclear.
Definitely heading for a smoke now. Rest of that Comoy Cask No. 1 needs smoking. Best way to let off steam? Smoke.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Oh I love that first bowl after cleaning too, but also that last bowl before you clean, then the satisfaction of running a pipe cleaner through and it coming out really mucky. On topic though, I clean as I go along, I never bother with much of a deep clean.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I've tried getting into a regular routine with my deep cleanings, but as that has failed, I've resorted to letting the pipes let me know when it's time.
But yeah... Everclear, a bunch of pipe cleaners; oh, and I have a set of small wire brushes I use for the shank, too... paper towels, aaand some olive oil, and I'm all set.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
So what do some of you do after each smoke?

Do you have a five or twelve step routine, especially for briars?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I dont over think it. After a few days I run some cleaners soaked with everclear through the shank and stem. I also wipe the bowl out with a towel with a bit of everclear on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.