My Dream Pipe - Let Me Know What You Think.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
1004021922.jpg

This will be a Cherrywood/Poker. I will probably have this commissioned in a couple of months.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That looks like a perfect job for Tim George at TRG.I've already told my wife I'm getting a TRG made for Xmas.
http://handcraftedpipes.com/gallery.html
Check out the "luck of the Irish" Nosewarmer.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
No worries there, Either. He'll do you right! I reccommended TRG because he does a lot of short-stemmed poker type pipes with large bowls.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Actually Lonestar said the stem would be the longest part of the process. He said the pipe should be simpler because pokers are straight forward.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Here is where I started. This pipe just caught my eye. I think I want a different stain on the smooth part and I want one of lonestars trademark bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8kKf20d44

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks rothn I will keep him in mind although lonestar has offered me a great deal. We will see in 2 months he may not be up to it. I just think it will be really cool.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks rothnh and I certainly appreciate your input. So do you guys think it looks good aesthetically? What about the band any ideas on how it should look? Oh and I am not sure about the stem either. I sure love a good cumberland.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah not my best work lol. In high school there is an award given to the top art student and photography student. I graduated in a class of about 800 and I won both of them. Not to brag. 8)

I was going to school for photography which is a big passion but I decided I didn't want to take senior high school or wedding pictures for a living.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You have to be on here a year. Honestly the whole status thing doesn't really matter to me. I still feel like a newbie.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah I probably look like an idiot with no life. I have been posting way too much lol. I've been bored not having a job lately. Probably won't be on as much next week.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Badass! Hey when it is done you should post a pic of it on this thread. It would really add to it.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks for considering me for the pipe Adam. Dont be afraid to check out all the other artists mentioned in this post, a lot of them specialize in these shorter chubby pipes. I'd be happy to make that design if you decide to go with me though, just let me know.

We were talking a little about stems, you got it right that hand cutting stems from rod stock adds a lot of time ! All told, its not longer than other steps in the process, just one more thing to eat up a few hours work. I think the world of difference it makes in a pipe is worth the effort though.

Status
Not open for further replies.