PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Someone asked me to show the Peterson Dracula pipes I've thus far accumulated; here they are. From top to bottom they are: the straight billiard, the 69 bent billiard, the straight pot, and lastly and most recent, the bent pot. All are sandblasted. Hopefully there won't be anymore--otherwise people will start to think I'm strange! Now who would think something like that of me? :twisted:
img_0608-488x600.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Shayde, all styles I think, but I don't think they were all available at the same time. For instance, I got the straight pot because I couldn't find my preference, the straight billiard; this only appeared a couple of months ago at SP. There are also a number of smooth finish Dracs as well, but I get the impression they aren't as popular. I had a (I think) a smooth bent billiard, but it had a smaller bowl; I got it because I thought it was the only Drac. When I learned otherwise, I sold the pipe on eBay and started the current pipes I have now. I was thinking about getting some of the smooth finishes, but decided enough was enough.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
It's definitely not the whole Peterson line. If there was 268 Zulu Drac, then I would have bought it with a quickness. The 999 seems a popular one but I've only seen it in the smooth, not the sandblast. All of them I saw at first were smooth and then the sandblasts all came in the second wave.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great set of Dracs. I especially like the pot (606, right?). I opted for a quieter take on this same

style, the BC Caprice with black blast bowl and raspberry stem. I was secretly afraid the Drac would

suck the blood out of my other pipes in the middle of the night.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I believe Peterson released the Dracula series in the 03 (full bent apple), 606 (straight pot), XL105 (straight billiard), 69 (bent billiard), and 999 (bent Rhodesian). It was released in a smooth and sandblasted finish.

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
I happen to have a four pipe rack will display them all together nicely, but if your Dracula Pipe Acquisition Disorder (spelled out completely in compliance with a promise not to use acronyms anymore) gets any worse, then you are on your own. You are welcome to it my friend.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Came within a hair's breadth of buying one of these last year when they first came out and I had the money, but went for an Aran instead. Kicking myself a bit now :P Although props to the Aran, it's a grand pipe. How do the Dracs smoke, Sparrow?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I believe Peterson released the Dracula series in the 03 (full bent apple), 606 (straight pot), XL105 (straight billiard), 69 (bent billiard), and 999 (bent Rhodesian). It was released in a smooth and sandblasted finish.
If there is a 999 sandblasted, I sure as hell can't find one.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Craig, that is an incredibly kind offer, especially since you already sent me one three-pipe rack. I will take you up on it, but this time you really have to let me compensate you in some way, before this becomes a habit! I'll PM you shortly.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Those are awesome and kudos to Craig. Make to post a picture of them in the rack.
I am still kicking myself for not getting a 606 in sandblast. Waited to long and now cannot find one with a stem I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.