PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well finally figured out how to post pics so I thought I'de show of my meager collection of pipes.
b352352e.jpg
. The first pic is of my no names. The one on the left is made in Ukraine and has the Ukrainian national symbol on the front, Ill sow a better pic of it. Next is a no name briar, but has a nice grain, next is marked Silver Knight and the markings lead me to believe it was made by Savinelli. Last on the right is a cherry wood bent that my buddy just brought me from Bulgaria.
968c29b1.jpg
. The ukrainian trizub
3df40103.jpg
. My meer and my two petersons. The first is a zippo special and came with a matching zippo lighter. The second is my racing green churchwarden.
db4a2659.jpg
. These two are sweet pipes. The one is my zeppelin which I have posted about before. The other which is currently stemless due to a break is also from Ukraine and has an owl carved into it,
09cc30b6.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ahh the zeppelin is awesome. Smokes just like a regular pipe but less tamping. And you can smoke it in a high wind with no problems. I use it in the car with the windows down. All ash and sparks are contained. these pipes were originally designed for guys that worked on derigibles As they wouldnt have to worry about a loose spark starting a fire. This is what it looks like disassembled.
f77307dc.jpg

c3ed480b.jpg

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I am going to piggyback on Shaintuques so I don't have to open another thread and show you my collection and part of my cellar. The little guy is my pipe gremlin Hank. Shaintuges forgive me for taking some of your thunder.
pipes.jpg
Hank.jpg
Tobak.jpg

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
To be honest it is a cheap little pipe I bought on ebay. I'm always checking ebay out to find good deals on hard to find pipes and to buy cheap ones I want to restore. I always see this seller with these pipes and I had mostly written them off as junk because they are not made out of briar, but I did like the look of them. Well after a while I decided to try one out, they are cheap $15 bucks $20 with shipping, and I will say for the price they are not bad little smokers. I would not smoke my best tobak in one, but I use it occasionally in my rotation for aromatics and virginias. Heres the link if you're interested, oh an the free gift is a leather pipe bag.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authors-Tobacco-Smoking-Pipe-Pipes-SPHERE-FREE-GIFT-/280603636794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415547b43a

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Is there an online Toby Retailer that I can get a Zeppelin from or must I hunt on ebay?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah pretty much have to hut on ebay. Vauen has made a modern model but it is 200 bucks. You can beat that by a long shot on ebay.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
They both smoke great. The meer is a small one with a small bowl but its a nice little smoke and perfect for trying new tobaccos. The zippo pete is really a large bowl tankard style and it smokes a long time. It was my first pete and its one of my favorite smokes. And the lighter that came with it is nice if i remember to keep it filled, it has the pipe insert with a hole in the side so you just lay it on top of the bowl and draw the flame down. I love the idea. And it doesnt scorch the top of the bowl.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Thanks I've seen both of those pipes before or similar ones at least and was rather curious. The pipe zippo's are pretty sweet,I just got one a few days ago.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Sweet collections! That Zeppelin must be remarkable. And I think everyone needs a gourd in their stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.