PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I have a mild obsession with Sasieni 'seconds.' Long way to go before I catch up with dmcmtk (I'll never get there), but it's a start.

All these are Old Englands except for the rusticated Woodstock, which is a Royal Stuart.

And contrary to conventional wisdom about the merits of buying pipes that are already 'broken-in' (maybe this doesn't hold true for estate pipes that have been cleaned and reamed, but I'd think the drying of the briar over time would still show its benevolent effects), the Dublin (shape 13), which was NOS, smokes by far the best. It is, in fact, my (current) favorite pipe.

Maybe one day I'll get a 'first.' Something dotted. It crosses my mind from time to time.

img_7174-600x600.jpg

img_7172-600x600.jpg

img_7173-600x600.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
They look like great little smokers. I like the smooth finish and the poker the best. I have a strange obsession with pokers lately. They are so simple and rustic, and I really dig flakes in them.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They will probably smoke as well as the higher priced Sasienis. About the only difference is that the 2nd's 3rds, and 4ths feature lesser quality grain and they have fills, neither of which affect the smoking qualities to any great degree. Both Sasieni and Comoy developed strong down streaming lines for their lesser wood.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
They will probably smoke as well as the higher priced Sasienis
Agreed Jesse.I had a couple of Sashar (a second line sold in South Africa I think) and the stem work was a good as a four dot

Status
Not open for further replies.