PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Just for fun and not sure if anyone cares but I just got a new (free) shelf unit and thought I'd post what I have accumulated after about 8 months of pipe smoking..

free image host
When I first saw it I thought if wow thats alot of stuff and felt guilty but I enjoy the hobby and am not breaking the bank by any means. Should I feel guilty? Bah who cares lifes too short...

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Very cool!!! That looks awesome. How do you like Haunted Bookshop btw? I saw it on the shelf and I've been considering that one.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Nice collection. If you aren't breaking the bank, there's nothing to worry about. I find having a variety of tobacco to choose from really makes me happy when I am not in the mood for my normal rotations. Looks like you are figuring this game out pretty quickly.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
I am breaking the bank. I think I should probably worry. But I think you should buy more! That's a good start you got going there, so keep up the good work!
Plugugly

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah come on! You can do better!! Where are the unopened 1970's tins of Sobranie and the like! We wanna see thousands of dollars spent! Get back to work :)

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Jacks6: I'm not a fan of straight burley but if you are Haunted Bookshop is a real treat. Its very flavorful, smokey , full bodied and the perique adds a nice spicy dimension to it. Its very dry(as in not sweet) and tastes kinda cigarish .If it weren't for the perique I would not smoke it, but as it is I do like it from time to time for a change of pace. So in summery if you like Burley then yes if not then no.
Crash: Thanks :)

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
<p>Very nice! Gives a fuzzy warm feeling to look at it huh? Just wait till you get more and find yourself rearranging it just because it's fun

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Nate: Okay, okay I'll pick up the pace :)
Hakchuma: Yeah its funny that almost every blend has a particular memory for me and a story to tell. Is that the same for you guys?

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
ltstone: If you get a chance, I would really like to hear your thoughts on the Chris Morgan Cigar Pipe. I have one in transit and am going to use it to stop smoking cigarettes. Thanks!

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
The jars of 1Q, Sweet English, Bullseye Flake, and Optimum are Courtesy of MCTINNER and the aged Lancer Slices, Quiet Nights and some Penzance from the forums own COBGUY.
gsmunoz : I'm still new to the Briar pipe and like it. Its definitely not for everybody and does not replace a regular pipe. But when you need a quick smoke on the go its great. It smokes dry but can smoke hot and has its own learning curve to pack properly. Its awesome for clenching(coming from a non clencher). I think it would work great for someone coming from cigarettes. When you get it LET me know what YOU think, I would be very interested to hear what you have to say about it! If you have any other specific questions about the Briar pipe I would be glad to answer. Now I'm gonna pack it with some HAUNTED BOOKSHOP and have a smoke....

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
For eight months, I'd say that's super!! I had this idea though... what about adding a matching twin cabinet/rack/shelf unit full of pipes? Then you can have one for bakkies and a matching one for pipes! Very balanced... very stereo... very symmetrical!

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
I guess this is a bit of a large collection for 8 months. But if you are enjoying it and it isn't a financial burden, then by all means. In 3 months I had most if not all the good blends in Egypt.. which aren't much, but I get the feeling. And actually having a diverse range of baccy to choose from is always great

Status
Not open for further replies.