Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

My Collection

(11 posts)
  1. choch

choch

Login to Send PM

I wanted to share my modest but growing collection, which consists of several GBD's, BBB's, Bjarnes, Stanwells, and Peterson's, plus one or two each of Upton, Ben Wade, Knute, Chacom, Butz-Choquin, Barling, Aldo Velani and a few no-names. No Dunhills unfortunately, but maybe one day I'll be able to sneak one past The Wife into my collection

I've bought a few of the pipes new, but the majority are estate pipes that I've bought and cleaned up over the years. They're all good smokers, and I smoke all of them, though some more than others (my vintage GBD's & BBB's are really great smokers). I plan to add a Savinelli Bing's Favorite, and maybe a Prince of some brand in the near future.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Craig

"I must point out that my rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking tobacco and also the drinking of alcohol before, after, and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them."
    Winston Churchill, Said during lunch with Arab leader Ibn Saud, when he heard the king's religion forbade smoking and alcohol
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. shawn

shawn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

looking good there partner.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing your collection, enjoy !!!

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

exquisite display, classy looking.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  5. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice. Love that display indeed.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 6 years ago #
  6. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You're a man after my own heart, Chooch. It's obvious you appreciate a classic cocktail as well as a good pipe and cigar. Great looking display, pard.

I still haven't found a pipe tobacco yet that complements a dryer than sand vodka gimlet served straight up and colder than a wh*re's heart.

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tell your wife that if you get a Dunhill it will increase in value and it is an investment, maybe she will believe you. Nice looking collection you have going there, I also love picking up estate pieces.

Harris
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. choch

choch

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the kind words Gents.

Fnord- Indeed I do enjoy a good cocktail! I sell wine & spirits for a living, and I'm a cocktail geek who collects vintage cocktail shakers, glasses and other related goods.

Cigrmaster-I've tried that argument. She's not buying it!!

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. jharvard

jharvard

Login to Send PM

Nice looking set up you have there. Thank you for sharing. Cheers!

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice setup. I'm confined to the basement for the moment, so i don't think ill be setting up like that anytime soon.

Posted 6 years ago #
  11. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personally I don't think that Dunhills are the "be all, end all" of pipes, but a White Spot really WOULD look great amid all that cool cocktail gear.

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   daniel7, anthonyrosenthal74, smittyd, mechanic