PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I have twenty-three pipes in my burgeoning collection. Out of that twenty-three four of them are MM cobs. A CG, a Diplomat, Legend and a red free-hand.
I have Brighams, Nordings, Savinelli, Stanwell, Peterson, Chartan, Comoy, Medico and two Meerschaums. An IMP and a custom made Altinok church warden.
And a Dunhill on the way. Out of all those pipes my cobs are by far and away the best smokers of the lot. So much so that I am going to order four more. Not sure what models yet, but four more are in my immediate future.
Amazing smoking pipes and great value.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you haven't done so already, check out Forever stems for cobs. They add a nice durable touch and look great. The Forever brand was just sold but should be back online with stems for sale soon, if not already.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The Twains are awesome. I just ordered another one, along with a Danish bit to replace the skinny ones that they come with. It's just too much pipe for the little Legend-sized bits.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
MSO, those Forever stems are an awesome product. The only cobs I don't prefer them on are the large-bowled models, like the CG or Twain. With those I prefer to maintain the hugely open draw of the original MM stems. That's why I use the Danish bits or the vulcanite Freehand bits bored to 5/32".

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey folks those are great recommendations!

MSO, I am going to do exactly that.

Going right now to look at the models you all suggested.

Which ones which ones...

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Ths Mizzou and the Huck Finn are really good for trying out new tobacco, or when you only have time for a short sommke. They are small and smoke well

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Guys, thank you.

Here is what I just purchased:

Another Diplomat but the Fifth Avenue with bent stem

Great Dane Spindle - Bent stem

Mark Twain - Bent stem

General - Bent stem
I like a bent stem

Just me.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Yep love my cobs, my Great Danes are the best for a nice long smoke. Being new to pipe smoking I bought a bunch of cobs because I needed a set of inexpensive pipes so I could spend more on trying various tobaccos. Have a couple just used for aros and some for my english. Next month I'll buy a few more to add to the rotation so each pipe can rest a bit more.
I like a bent stem as well.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good news on the Forever stems being available again soon. I'd like to dress up a couple of my MM cobs with them. :)
I have 7 or 8 cobs right now. All are MM with the exception of two Old Dominions. :puffy:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a huge fan of both cobs and Foreverstems, and smoke several each day. The only thing I don't like is Latakia in a cob. But burley shines, as do many VaPers and VaBurs.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't think I've tried many Lat blends in my cobs. I tend to stick mostly to Va and VaPer blends for some reason...just seems right to me in a cob? :puffy:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
oyjJBkA.jpg

7GV7TUh.jpg

I kind of like my Cobs to! Then of course, theirs the 20 new ones in the drawer (Just in Case you know)...

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I tend to stick mostly to Va and VaPer blends for some reason...just seems right to me in a cob? :puffy:
Burley ... it's made for a cob! :D
The Country Gentleman will smoke up an English blend like nobody's business too.
Current rotation with, as Weezell said, "more in the drawer". :puffy:
img_20150605_103625-600x337.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Those tins of Beacon Extra have me salivating.
Oh yeah ... good stuff! Right up there with St. James Woods, IMHO.
I just ordered the Blakeney's Toasted Sampler as well so that I can compare the Bayou Slices.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Wish I had a shop lie this !!
cabinSmall.jpg

I like a cob now and then,usually to smoke new to me tobacco. Although CH and PA is quite good in them!

Status
Not open for further replies.