PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got part of my Christmas gift early, so that I could smoke it while wrapping resents. It's an estate Savinelli that I would see (this style) pop up on eBay searches. We were passing eBay suggestions back and forth, and she picked up this one for me. And, it fits in with my eccentric collection of diversions on the theme of the bulldog. I love the way this one hangs, it has a nice balance of mechanical and natural, with the top cone of the bowl, being exaggeratedly larger than the bottom.
I plan on setting an opal into the stem. Eh, it's just a quirk I have. :puffy:
I am breaking it in now with some Bagpiper's Dream, whistling Christmas tunes, and wrapping stuff. Merry Christmas!!

savinelli-bulldog.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kind of unique, a bulldog with that extra long shank. Sav comes up with some creative designs. I have a few of their somewhat original variations on traditional designs, like a bulldog with decidedly rounded corners on its diamond shaped shank and their Prince of Wales prince-shaped pipe with a swirled color and lengthened stem. They push the traditional shapes in interesting new directions. Have a merry Christmas with that handsome 'dog.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Indeed it is. Since my wife just tolerates my smoking, and my son outright abhors it, the only pipe I may get for Christmas is one the internal Santa may get. But just called the local B+M and they were closing early for the holiday. But open on Tuesday....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I got to get into my Christmas present a day early. :mrgreen: Was going to wait until tomorrow, but I've heard, "Can we open them early?" so much today, I finally decided I could, but they couldn't. :twisted:
img_20171224_183502-337x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.