PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Two eagle eyed fellow forum members, having noticed I missed out on this years 'secret Santa' decided to surprise me with these. Apologies for the poor photo, but these beauties smoke a lot better than they look in the photo. I've been smoking these more or less non stop, since they arrived. Just like to thank those two chaps again, absolute gents the pair of them.

Canadian pipes, I have discovered are like policeman. When you want one you can't find one, & when you least expect it, two of the fuckers turn up at your doorstep!

The smooth is a French made Dr. Plumb & the craggy one is a 'blatter & blatter'. Cheers again davet & Jim/Alfredo corleone. Made my Christmas special. Simon.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I thought that a Blatter Canadian would be perfect but only have the one and would never part with it. :mrgreen: The Dr. Plumb had sat in my rack for sometime and because I thought it had some age on it and was unsmoked I couldn't bring myself to smoke it. I'm glad you're enjoying it and happy it went to a good home.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great stuff! I like the Canadian shape a lot, and while I wasn't looking to add more, I went home from Las Vegas pipe show with two Canadian estates, both under $50.00 One is a Crawford, the other a French make (IIRC).

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats!
Those two guys are aces, and it looks like they took good care of you.
Pretty remarkable that you had a Canadian made Canadian sent to you from Kansas, and a French made Canadian sent to you from Canada. The pipe world is small indeed!
-- Pat

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
There's something about the phrase "Canadian Christmas" that just seems nice. I'll have to start using that. "Why, that gal is nicer than a Canadian Christmas."

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Wow canadians! Being a huge aficionado of any variant of the straight billiard shape, the canadian is such a classic and functional shape. What a happy canadian christmas! Continue to enjoy.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Good on them. :clap:
Oh look an anthropoid got in on the photo too.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@oldreddog, excuse my ignorance but what's an anthropoid when it's at home? (Or on my smoking tray).

Ahh, looking again I'm guessing your confusing my wind cap with one of your anthropologist-thingy me jigs.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Simon excuse my obtuseness. I was complimenting your choice of reading material.Operation Anthropid -Battering the Blonde Butcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.