PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Nothing fancy just a few estates I picked up. Three bulldogs in two weeks off of Ebay.

The top one is a Ciro, $11. The bottom is a Brookshire made in London, $20

Top is a Butz Chocum $50 brand new. This pipe started my love for the bulldog shape. Bottom is a Bond street made in London, $24.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice! I love well proportioned bulldogs, there's just something about them. The way they feel in hand, or maybe the masculine look of them, or a combination.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Nice set of 'dogs there. The saddle stem straight bulldog seems to be a lot more common than the same with a straight stem. I do love the bulldogs. Congrats and enjoy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love them 'dogs. I have a Johs straight saddle stem, a good old Dr. Grabow Royalton, and a Peterson Around-the-World/Ireland bulldog.

Mine have handy smaller Group 4 bowls, especially good for Virginia blends, it seems to me. They're good clenchers and often give

a surprisingly long smoke for their size. I never tire of them, always feel pleased when I pick one out for a smoke.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
The diamond shape stem is what got me. It fit my hand just so. The thick bowl and cool smoking qualities sealed the deal.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice Dogs buster. I agree about the diamond shank and the way they hold. Works great when smoking in the dark. You can tell by feel that the bowl is always facing up.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
One of my sons came by the other day accompanied by his wife and daughter ... he'd bought a new bulldog and wanted to show it off ... his, however, didn't look like yours ... it looked a lot more like this one ...
adorable-male-and-female-english-bulldog-puppies-for-adoption_1.jpg

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I like my bulldogs. I have 4 so far, 2 straight, 2 bent. The straight ones have tapered stems, the bents have saddle stems. All are without the bead lines. Although I recently had a dream about smoking a bulldog with beadlines. Perhaps there is a new pipe in my future!

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Enjoy your bulldogs. My favorite shape, and my best smoking pipes. Both are squat bowl Grabows, one has a lucite stem and clenches nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.