My Birthday Presents: Pipes and Leather (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well I have traveled home to spend some time with my Dad. He was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the year so I'm trying to come home more. My birthday was last weekend so I got my presents when I got here. They picked up these two cool estates for me. The top one is a Masterson made in Israel, the bottom one is marked Bryson and has a patent number. It feels like the shank is made of stainless steel rather than aluminum. A very cool pipe. They also recently went to a renaissance festival and picked up this beautiful piece of leather. It is lamb and very soft. My mom is going to make me some pipe bags out of it. I'll post pics when they get finished.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
It doesn't matter what the pipes are. For the rest of your life they will be special, no matter the maker. My prayers are with your father also.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Dave, thanks for letting us know of your father's condition. As a group, I'm sure we can send enough prayers and good vibes his way. Awesome gifts too.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I am sorry about the news on your father. May those two pipes forever be a symbol of you and your father. They say the Bryson's are designed to be indestructible fitting as the love you share with your parents. My prayers are with you and your family.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Shaintiques you are awesome and I'll pray for total remission also.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
You father is in my prayers. Awesome b-day gifts please post when done with bag. And happy late b day!!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I always think that it is so sad that many of us get to spend so little time with family and that we see them the most under the poorest of circumstances. Yet, how wonderful it is that we can circle the wagons in times of trouble. No matter how far we stray, and how much our separate lives mean that we aren't together enough, there is nothing like family when we really need support from one another. My best to you and yours in this trying time.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
15gblfm.jpg

And all the very best for your DAD

jamesmertens

Lurker
May 20, 2014
shaintiques,

Im sorry to hear about your Father. My Dad was diagnosed with Bladder cancer earlier this year. It is a strange feeling hearing the news. The first thing that came to mind for me sounds like it was for you as well, That I need to spend more time with him. I will be praying for your father and you.
Also, those are very nice pipes.
Thanks,

James

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Sure sorry to hear about your father. I'm glad that you're able to spend more time with him. As others have said, those two pipes will always be extra special to you. Very cool gift, and I can't wait to see the leatherwork. Happy belated birthday. Prayers out for your father.

Status
Not open for further replies.