PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I recently went home to Southern Illinois to visit my parents and see my new niece. It was shortly after my birthday. While there we went out antiquing, something we like to do and my parents bought me these two really neat old clay pipes. The darker one was maked civil war era, the bowl not the stem. The other terra cotta one is unused...so far. Then I got an old Union Leader Tobacco tin, I just love these old large tins. They also had picked up for me 2 baggies of different blends, this one in the pic is called Shawnee Wildfire is a very tasty Latakia Cavendish blend. And they gave me some $$ which I used to buy a Xikar Scribe lighter and 7 more tins of Cut Virginia Plug which puts my cellar up to 20 of that blend. All in all a great Haul. I'm from southern Illinois right near the Missippi River valley. Here is also a pic of that view.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well Happy Birthday first of all. Second that picture is amazing, I'd love to get out to that kind of terrain, never been near the "prairies" as we call the mid-west up here. I love the old tobacco tins as well and that one is great. Nice haul sir!

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice :) Was born in Illinois, but have lived most of life in Texas. Haven't been up there since a family reunion when I was in the third grade.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Happy belated birthday, Shaintiques! Thanks for sharing the picture of your haul, and also of the landscape. My folks are both Hoosiers, and I've done the I80 haul from Toronto to Denver more times than I'd like to count... it's lovely to see the start of the big-flat.
Cheers,
-- Pat

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My lovely bride bought a Xikar Scribe an anniversary or two ago. By far my favorite pipe lighter. The constant on and the long form ergonomics of the thing make it work wonderfully.
You will enjoy it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.