PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Trying to build up a little Tobacco Nest egg. I had talked about doing this with ammo but missed my window of opportunity. Not making the same mistake. :lol:
Smoking%20Pipes%20TAD-1.jpg

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
Nice job, once I figure out what to smoke, I am planning on stocking up as quickly as possible.

Takes up less space and much cheaper than trying it with cigars. Let alone not needing to make a dedicated closet/room

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
A better investment than Ammo, in my view!
I need both. I just can't get the other so before we're taxed to kingdom come, I'm going stock up big time. I even got clearance from the tower (girlfriend) 8)

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Looks like a good haul. I just ordered a few pounds of my favorite Boswell blends today along with some more mason jars.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Zonomo:
I missed the ammo window as well. The only 8 and 9 mike mike I've seen lately has been at the various gun shows I've attended. Even .22 bricks are in short supply. (Oddly, I can still find beau coup .380 for Mrs. Fnord.)
Tobacco is something entirely different. I've been laying in 1.5 to 2 lbs. of tobacco every month for the past five months in addition to the tobacco I smoke on a day to day basis. At this time I prefer English and Oriental blends but, in anticipation of my tastes changing, I'll soon start jarring up a variety of more affordable VA and VA/PERs. If my tastes don't change I'll at least have something to trade.
Come to think of it, if the balloon goes up, a couple of cases of middle of the road Scotch and Bourbon wouldn't be a bad idea to have cellared either. Certainly cheaper than gold and a damned sight more useful.
Fnord

rockrat

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Very nice work! I'm guessing you won't have to wait too long to finish stocking up on ammo though, I think you may see prices and availability start to come down in coming weeks and months. No way to back it up, no relevant facts here, just a hunch. I've seen this movie before,in past years. Ammo and firearms are items of intrinsic value. You ever think about reloading? In mean time, I may take a message from you, and start cellaring more tobacco, before same thing happens with it! Take care.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Here's the haul
10 x tins of Moontrance (tried it on a biz trip and LOVED it. Very fruity)

2 x Tins of Mac Baren 7 Seas - bought due to a recommendation

5 x Tins of Peterson Sunset Breeze - didnt love my initial but have learned to not go by my first few bowls

5 x Tins of Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening

2 x Cornell & Diehl Berry Good

2 lbs of 1Q

1 lbs of Lane BCA (emerging as my fav tobacco)
3 lbs of Hobbits Weed on order.
Zo = Happy Man - :puffpipe:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a nice order. I don't know how long you have been smoking but I will make this statement. Every person I know has had their tastes change in the first year or two or even further down the road. Either they began as aromatic and went to English or they began with English and went to VA and Vapers or other combinations. It is rare for a person to stick with what they started with so I would be careful about loading up your cellar in the first year or two. I would be sampling many different blends in the first year and then see what I may want to stock up on. Now if you have been smoking a number of years then you may have already dealt with a change in tastes.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Only been smoking since Nov 26th. I have sampled a quite a few others, Boswells, etc. So far, i really love these and didnt enjoye my Virginia. Havent tried an English yet but will do so tonight at the Seattle Pipe Club.
@fitzy: yes, Moontrance. Really really love the stuff. Havent tried Dan's Blue Note but thanks for the tip. I shall.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Zono I think you'll really like that Blue Note. Dan also makes a sweet vanilla honeydew that is pretty good.
Another aromatic to try that I think is fantastic is Villiger's 1888 Mid-Day. For me it's one of the better aromatic's out there. I think it taste/smells like maple syrup but I know other's that say toasted marshmallow.
PM if you want to try some English blends. I can send you some samples. I've got Penzance, SG's Squadron Leader as well as Hearth & Home's Magnum Opus. I had Black House but I ran out. I may have a few other English blends as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.