PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
This was the best weekend I've had with my pipes since taking up the pipe in December of last year. It started off with Smokestacks meeting on Friday, we had a good turnout and 7 participants in our inaugural blending competition. Had many meaningful conversations and shared many a laugh. Saturday night was the first clear night we've had in almost 2 weeks around here so I went for a lunt with a bowl of PA. I walked for the entire hour it took to burn the bowl and only relit twice the whole time (a major accomplishment for me) and the smoke was cool dry and flavourful. Today I savoured a bowl of Best Brown Flake in my Rattray panel billiard. I've never smoked a flake in this pipe and it was amazing! The pipe stayed cool, the flavours were intense and the relights were minimal.
Could it be that I'm starting to figure this pipe thing out? Regardless, it was an amazing weekend with my pipes and I look forward to many more! Hope you all had as good a weekend. Cheers!
Brian

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
sounds like a great weekend.. our's was jam packed like always, our 2 boys keep us pretty busy..

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Brian, the stars have aligned, everything is right with the universe and you have become one with your pipe. The force is strong with this one. lol
Glad to hear you are really figuring this thing of ours out, congrats.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
That sounds like a great weekend. I remember the day when it seemed like it all just clicked with me. Thanks for bringing back some great old memories. The dog is looking at me expectantly while I work on some estimates today. Time for a lunt I think. Not sure exactly what that means but I think it involves a dog, a walk and a pipe. Either way sounds like a great way to kill an hour.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice going Brian. It sounds like a wonderful weekend indeed. The blending competition was a tonne of fun. I am really looking forward to tasting all the blends, and seeing how they come out after being jarred for a month.
Time for a lunt I think. Not sure exactly what that means but I think it involves a dog, a walk and a pipe
Don't forget to put your orange on, pal! Saftey first, even on a lunt.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Kashmir, a special thanks to you and your earlier tips on clenching and smoking as you breath. (I forget what you called it) I just kept the pipe in my mouth while strolling the neighbourhood and the smoke was perfect, the bowl never got close to hot. Thanks guys for all the encouragement and help along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.