PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I came home today and found a package waiting for me. Here was what was inside. A Boswell Pipe with a deer antler Tamper. Really love this pipe beyond everything else I own, even my eBay Meer. What do you think? On a side note, it was Amazing to work with the fine folks at Boswell. They were extremely courteous, knowledge and helpful. They had something interesting on their website:
What Is A Customer?
A customer is the most important person in any business.
A customer is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.
A customer is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it.
A customer does us a favor when he comes in. We aren’t doing him a favor by waiting on him.
A customer is part of our business- not an outsider. A customer is not just money in the cash register. He is a human being with feelings and deserves to be treated with respect.
A customer is a person who comes to us with his needs and his wants. It is our job to fill them.
A customer deserves the most courteous attention we can give him. He is the lifeblood of this and every business.
DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That is one cool looking pipe Z - congrats. Nice tamper too. And I agree, the Boswell people are tops.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
that's an awesome looking pipe, and yeah I love boswell pipes. If you ever get in the area stop by their shop. The parking is a little difficult to navigate but they are great. and the chairs in the smoking lounge upstairs are retarded comfy.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. Boswell pipes sell out super fast. Whenever I check their site all the ones I like have been marked as sold.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a very cool looking pipe, congrats on your latest acquisition. I have read that customer manifesto before and it is so true. It is too bad not everyone heeds it. In today's world people like Boswell's are the exception rather than the rule.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Very sharp. Really like the tamper too. Thanks for sharing. :puffpipe:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice Boswell.
They back up that manifesto. I stop by the shop with some frequency. I'm never in more than a minute before I'm greeted and welcomed. And they know me as a regular, so it sometimes is easy to take those folks for granted. Dan and JM always remember what tobacco blends and tins that I favor. If JM is there, he always comes out to chat for a few minutes, no matter how busy he is. They are just good folks and as Harris points out, a rarity these days. (which makes no sense given the economy...)
Enjoy your new pipe! I always tell JM when phone customers I encounter on the forums are pleased, he'll hear about your experience as well.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
cigarmaster - yes I believe the Boswell people live by this. I am so shocked every time i get crappy customer service so when someone does it right, it really stands out. The bottom line is that i'll be buying many more boswells. Great customer service and customer care pays.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Al, please tell them the next time you see them how incredibly pleased I am with my Boswell and deer antler tamper. I can't put them down.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Very interesting pipe. I haven't dealt with Boswell personally but their tobaccos are top-notch!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
That's a very awesome looking set! I love their spiral designs and that antler tamper is too cool for school. Congrats on the purchase, may it bring you many years of excellent smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.