PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
As some of you know, I'm trying to expand my pipe shape selection. A couple of months ago I was crusing the "bay" and saw this no-name Canadian that had frankly seen better days. There was something about it that told me to gamble, so I paid $19.00 on a hunch.
When it arrived it was a tired pipe that had potential. Originally I was just going to send it to Mike at Walker Pipe Repair for a new stem, but then I was feeling lazy, and decided to have it cleaned, reamed, polished, and given an ozone treatment along with the new black/red lucite stem (resembles a Cumberland). I'm so glad I sent it to Mike. He really made this pipe into a treasure that I'm proud of. Thanks Mike!
Before:

After Mike did his magic:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I couldn't have sent off the pipe as fixing it up costs more than the pipe did originally, but my pipe restoration skills aren't too bad and I enjoy doing it.
That is a slick looking pipe he returned to you though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, that came out like a great commissioned pipe, and the stem really adds the accent. Canadian shape

pipes really have a lot of stately dignity without looking stuffy. It's a beauty.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Some might say it was silly to spend $55 on a $19 pipe. After seeing the inital quality of the pipe and how it turned out, I'd disagree. She smokes like a dream.
There was a very faint nomanclature on the shank, but it was rubbed out so you can't even see it with a magnifying glass. I'd be willing to bet it was a quality pipe to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.