Not open for further replies.

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
I know ,im a bit extreme :)

My good pipe shellers and philosofers,
FBRORLv.jpg
please tell me what is

wrong ?The drilling,the fittings,the style ..

The second Hybrid...p

Aged Hellenic plaute,olive wood shank,acrylic rigs and mouthpiece, ring from an old e-cigarete batery...

FBRORLv.jpg

R5OcBVm.jpg

wlsScxj.jpg

Τhe plateu was 4x4 cm i used every milimeter

VEh9UOt.jpg

A4PcYFP.jpg

http://i.i

mgur.com/NGTPs6b.jpg

SHtaV9a.jpg

WExkQiM.jpg

y5Fje7B.jpg

I wait for the experts !

Somes make money from nothing

Effe the Spartan

Day one ...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A bit more attention to focus would help show what it is you are doing/asking! And maybe no more than 3-4 large jpgs per post would help those on country (slow) connections.

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
I m sorry Sir ,i will not post anymore

but the question is what is a perfect pipe ?

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
Fake shellers and image makers ..i love this game ... i just wondering who rules the

Pipe comunite

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
Thank you for your answer :)

Im waiting also an answer from

a golden pipe boy ;)

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
Where are you my"Golden" boys ?

You can shell, but not creating

Epsilon2

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
you doent have to be victims..

Search for real pipe makers.

A pipe is not a hamburger or a Gyros .

The "experts' just take your money

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
I do not living from pipe making

Others living from that buisnes ,but

they are not fair at all.

Face to face, Greek way

To me... the perfect pipe is one that is easy for me to learn to smoke in a way that I find the most pleasing. No particular makers, no particular drilling, nor... well, I do look for comfortable bits, buttons, and slots, but that is just aesthetics to me. I have some terrible factory button pipes that I still grab daily. Also, the "look" is important to me, as well as the feel.

I have pipes that range from factory to artisan, Dunhill and Beckers to Grabows, and I enjoy all of them. Nowadays, I don't mind spending more to buy less pipes per year, to make sure they fit my own aesthetic.
Your pipe (or pipes) here look like great starts. I'll look forward to seeing how they finish out.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Define "Golden boys."
I do not find the pipe all that attractive. The bit appears out of proportion to the shank and bowl. The bit appears as unfinished and not particularly graceful to my eye. It is large and "chunky" where the bowl and shank are "Lithe" and graceful. The shank being possibly a bit short for the bowl height. The blue/white banding "breaks" the flow of the stem and disturbs my eye.
I've offered my subjective opinion because you asked. From a retail stand point it would not catch my eye in a retail store. I would bet others would find the style attractive however.

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
Thank you for your answer Michael :)

I just wish an answer from a golden seller or

resheller who makes money from the work

other creators ..

What are the critiriars for them?

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
The pipe is not finished and you know that:)

I love that you anwsered ..

I love blue and some thousends too

I do not accept your critirioum

I was listening to an interview with one of my favorite novelists last night. And, what she said about getting published rings true with what I know of getting art into galleries, or getting your jewelry into jewelry stores... just because you've been rejected by them does not mean that there is anything wrong with your work. It's not the same as getting an F in a class. What it means is that, that particular person did not find something in you or your work that they wanted to work with on either a personal or aesthetic level. And, they have limited time and means to work with people. Editing, curating, or merchandising, are very personal relationships. And, because you were rejected by someone does not mean that there is not someone out there looking to work with someone just like you with a product just like you have. You just have to keep trying and trying and trying and... until you find that one person.
That said, being someone who can take direction, someone who is personable in the way that fits with them, and (once again) makes the very thing that they are looking for is important.
Ha ha, but having taught people my skills in jewelry, I get asked occasionally, "how do I become rich at this?" I just laugh, scratch my head, look around at my ragtag studio, and tell them that I am the wrong person to ask. "Ask a rich jeweler, ha ha."

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
I still dont get an answer from

the goldies ..

A pipe has to be perfect,but what is perfect for them and how much it coast that perfection.

The esthetic is a thing of the maker and the byer

Status
Not open for further replies.