PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Finishing up the Ed Brubaker Daredevil run. When I finish this, I'll have read everything daredevil written since 1979, starting with Frank Miller. I only started Christmas Eve! I don't know if I'll read any of the stuff afterwards, while the authors have been great I'm not thrilled about the newer artists. Oh well! 25 yrs of daredevil should be enough...
Pipes loaded with Ashton Rainy Day, not much of a straight aro fan but this is pretty damn good...

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
I am a big comic book fan and Daredevil is very enjoyable, which one was your favourite?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, there's a whole genre now, for the past twenty years or more, of novels done with illustrations,

derived from comic books but done for an adult audience with appropriately sophisticated dialogue

and art. Not necessarily erotic, but sometimes. I find that a lot more work for the eyes and brain than

just reading, but worthwhile. I don't feel as relaxed and transported as I do with reading text. But it's

a challenging hybrid of visual art and the written word.

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
I agree, recently I have seen a massive increase on the amount of focus put into beautiful artwork. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing as I do love the visuals but they seem to come at the expense of the story writing. The new comics just don't have the same page turning effect as the old classics had. That is just my opinion though for what it's worth xD

tybirdpiper

Lurker
May 19, 2017
I like comics too but some comics now a days are not good for children they need to be family friendly comics that's i am going to do different if i own a comic book co. like the old days of family friendly TV shows or comic books like Popeye or batman for example another one pipe smoker is superman. I like the old school classics trying to create comic's like that with pipe smoking course. cigars sometimes i like pipes the most Ms. Tyler Jones tybirdpiper thank you for enjoying my message

Status
Not open for further replies.