PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
It's been awhile since I've been on the forum, life's been hectic recently! I see we got the buy/sell/trade forum back, super happy about that!

Now for the great news! I interviewed for a position with recently and just got the offer today! I've been a retail manager for the last three and a half years and now that my daughter is almost a year old it's recently become quite a lot less than an ideal career. The new position pays a lot more, m-f schedule, my wife works for the same company in a different department so we can carpool to work. It's also a salaried position and I start off with 2 weeks and a day of vacation, 6 holidays, and 5 personal days! The super bonus besides the obvious is that I can grow my beard again, that makes me very happy (the wife not so much lol). I can't wait to spend more time with my wife and daughter. Plus more money obviously equals more PAD and TAD haha

Hope you guys and girls are doing well and I should be on here more now checking out all the new acquisitions :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Family time is so important. Earning a living shouldn't preclude that. Best wishes and good luck with the new gig.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Good for you. You've got some great benefits there, uncommon these days.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Tucker, way to go, I am so happy for you. I know how shitty retail hours are having done it myself for a number of years. 70 hours a week was the minimum for me. It is no way to have a quality family life. Time to stock that cellar up my friend, congrats.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for all the great comments and congrats everyone! The next two weeks are going to be very hard waiting for the new position to start. I officially put my two weeks in this afternoon. I really feel like this is going to be a life changing event for my family and will help us reach all of our current goals in the next two to three years. Who knows what will happen after that!
Also, I seriously cannot wait to grow my beard again. It really made me unhappy for along time not to be able to have a beard. It wasn't until I accepted that I would someday be able to have my beard back that I was complacent with daily shaving. It came sooner than I thought, but now I can follow in the family tradition and wear my beard proudly!

Status
Not open for further replies.